Growth scan - percentile charts

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Angela49uk, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Angela49uk

Angela49uk Well-Known Member

Hi!

Had my growth scan at 34 weeks, sonographer said baby is a good size. Consultant said that baby is slightly above average, but she is not concerned. Measurements are:

HC-324mm AC-305mm

Both on the chart are above the 50th Percentile line, but below 90th percentile line. What do these lines actually mean? xx

2. lousielou

lousielou Mummy

The size of your baby is plotted on the graph, and the percentile lines just tell you where your baby lies in relation to others - i.e. if he's on the 50th centile, out of one hundred other babies, 50 will be larger than him and 50 smaller; if he's on the 90th centile, 90 will be smaller, 10 bigger; if he's on the 10th centile, 10 will be smaller, 90 bigger :)

3. Alexp

Alexp Well-Known Member

At 31.4 wks on scan baby's estimated weight was 5lb 2oz. He is well above the top line and always has been. Estimated birth weight 8lb6-9lb. Great a blooming whopper to part with . I hope he comes earlier for my sake.:nope:

4. Angela49uk

Angela49uk Well-Known Member

Thanks, that makes sense x