Growth scan today!! Nervous =s updated =(

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
My 32 week growth scan today. Hopefully she says bib is a health 4lb something and HEAD DOWN lol

Will do Hun. It's not for another 7 hours though lol

Good luck, I'm going tomorrow at 34 weeks for same thing xx

Going Thursday for mine! Hope your babe is a good size and head down!!

Well babe is head down but growth has taken a plunge she is now a week behind and dropped from almost 90 percentile to under 50 well her weight and everything else EXCPET her head which is still at almost 90 percentile measuring almost 2 weeks ahead. Babe is 3p 15oz so only gained about a point in 4 weeks. I can't stop crying I'm failing my unborn child

Don't worry, babies progression and growth in the womb can be fast some weeks and slow other weeks. It's better that she's around the 50th percentile

That's still a good weight for 32 weeks. My 32 week growth little one was measuring about 4lb, so about the same, just remember they are just estimated though. Rate of growth changes, not every baby grows at exactly the same pace. You're not failing her. A week behind isn't a huge concern. I know with mine some bits were measuring ahead, some behind, she also dropped from 78th centile at 28 weeks to 44th centile at 32 weeks. My consultant said he wasn't concerned as placenta still looked healthy, blood flow through the cord was great and she was still growing, just at her own rate. With my estimated weight at 32 weeks of 4lbs, they've predicted an 8lb 8oz baby at birth, which is a weight I'm more than happy with after having a 2lb 7oz preemie born at 34 weeks. Have they expressed major concerns with her growth at all?? x

Aw hun your not failing at all! It could be the your LO has a massive growth spurt next week and gain a good amount. Try not to panic, everything will be alright im sure xx

I won't know what they think until my midwife appointment in 2 weeks she went and spoke to the doctor there at the clinic which they didn't at my 28 week scan then come back and asked if I have any more growth scans hoch I don't ATM but I Rkn that the midwife will give me another one

That really isn't a bad weight for 32 weeks, I looked at the table you put in your other post, 32 weeks, 16.69 inches, 3.75 pounds, 42.4 cm, 1702 grams, so sounds like she's right on target. I know how scary it is after having an iugr baby and the extra worries we have. I have growth scans every four weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if they book you another for 36 weeks, but try to stop worrying, she sounds a good weight and their rate if growth changes all the time. No baby follows a strict line, otherwise they'd all be exactly the same length/size/weight at birth. If they had concerns, the dr would of come straight in and arranged more scans/doppler scans/ctgs and not left you another 2 weeks till you see the midwife x

Try not to worry hun! If they were concerned you would be getting a call to talk to your dr!

Try not to worry, my 2nd little one was born at 32+2 and he was 3lb 11.5oz, so 3lb 15 at the exact same gestation is fab :)

My little guy stopped growing completely at 36 weeks. At 39 weeks he was only 12th percentile (on U/S) and measuring the same as a 36 week fetus. When he came at 41 weeks, He weighed very close to what he did at my 39 week scan. Today he a healthy active 1 year old. He has had no major health issues either. 4 lbs is still a great weight with 8 weeks to go, and baby very well could hit a growth spurt and jump up in weight in a very short time.

I KNOW (believe me, I really do) that its hard not to stress and worry, but small babies are not necessarily sick babies. :hugs:

Thank you to all you lovely ladies for your support.

Have spoke to midwife today she got my results and they are wanting another scan done because she has dropped to the 10th percentile from the 70th in just 4 weeks. Over here we have our own personalised percentile chart it has out bmi, weight and height on it and it generates what bib should be and she is now on my 10th percentile line so my midwife is going to organise another scan =( I hope she has grown by then and doesn't drop anymore

When is your next scan hun??

I go for mine in 4 hrs and hoping for 5-6 lbs... I haven't had any growth in fundal height in 4 weeks cause I'm not gaining any weight :(

Midwife is going to let me know but I Rkn it with be at 36 weeks. Gl for today Hun keep me updated xx

Well baby is measuring big... 6.5 lbs approx. So my gestational diabetes has made her a bit chubby :(.

That's a good weight for 36 weeks. I guessed if babe put on half a pund a week like they ment to at 36 weeks she should be 6lb so not that small really

That's a good weight for 36 weeks. I guessed if babe put on half a pund a week like they ment to at 36 weeks she should be 6lb so not that small really

My nephew was 6 lbs, born at 39 weeks but his mom had a wonderful labour and he is a sweet healthy little boy, good at feeding and growing perfectly! I would be totally happy with a 6 pounder :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->