growth scan tomorrow, fundal height 3 weeks behind

Cattia

Reaction score
With my other two children my fundal height was always two weeks behind. Today I went in to get monitored because baby had a quiet day. The trace showed that movement was fine, but my fundal height is 30 weeks and I'm 33 so I have to go back in tomorrow for a growth scan. Both my babies were big despite a small fundal height so I'm hoping it's just the way I carry them. I'm tall and constantly being told I have a small bump. I'm a little worried that something is wrong and I also know that growth scans themselves are pretty inaccurate so I'm not sure what to think.

:hugs: Good luck with your scan! It's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry. I don't think growth scans are that accurate at all. They told me my son would probably be around 6 lb when he was born (38w4d), but he was over 8!

I hope everything comes out perfectly for you at the scan. Keep us updated! :thumbup:

I agree with pp that they seem very inaccurate but at the same time it's good your being looked after and not just left. My friend was recently measuring very small and had lots of extra appointments and scans at the end, it just meant they only let her go a couple of days overdue rather than a couple of weeks.

Thanks ladies, I have my scan at 4pm today then I have to wait for it to be reviewed b a doctor so I could be in for the long haul. I'm worried about the baby being small as my other two were big (9and 10lb babies). However I'm also worried about the growth scan being inaccurate leading to unnecessary interventions (for example I know they can induce earlier if they think the baby is small. Either way, there is not much I can do about it so I guess I'll just go in and see what they have to say.

With my 1st i also measured around 3/ 4 weeks behind from around 30 weeks. I was told i was having a small baby after growth scans. They predicted my dd would be around 5/6lbs. I gave birth to a perfectly healthy 9lb 2oz girl who 3 days after birth weighed 9lb 11oz.

All went well, baby was bang on where she should be with estimated current weight of 5lb. She's also head down so hoping she stays that way. Thanks for the encouraging words :)

:happydance: That's awesome news! So glad to hear your LO is growing perfectly.

I'm reading this all after you already had your appointment, but I'm so glad it went well! I've heard fundal height can be way off for many people.

I'm glad your appointment went well. Fundal height isn't always accurate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->