growth scan...worried about growth restriction

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Ive just had the results of my growth scan which i had last week (the machine was broken last week so i had no results). The baby has gone from 64th centile for weight at 20 weeks to 33rd centile for weight at 24.5 weeks. Her weight has been estimated at 1lb 9oz and was 14oz at my 20 week scan.

Just a bit concerned at the drop in the centiles. My son always measured large like 70+ on the centiles for measurements and weight but she seems really small. Having lost my first baby to IUGR (growth restriction) its just playing on my mind. The consultant never said anything though and just said the dopplers on the cord were normal so she is getting all her oxygen and nutrients ok.

Would you be worried about a drop in the weight centile or am i just obsessing? :wacko:

If th doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. In fact my nurse at the anatomy scan was telling me the percentiles don't mean much at this age because they will fluctuate.

I don't have any experience but centiles haven't really mentioned to me at all (I'm in the UK). I had a 20 week scan and was given a graph with some lines on. But no-one talked to me about it, just said baby was growing well. My midwife said they start measuring my stomach at 28 weeks, so I guess they aren't too concerned between 20-28 weeks! It sounds positive your doctor isn't concerned at the moment. Hopefully all is OK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->