Growth slowed at 36 weeks

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
Haven't had a scan since 20 weeks, so all measurements based on midwife with tape measure.

Baby has been measuring above the chart on last two appts, but following the curve nicely.
Today (35+5) midwife said growth has "tailed off". Now above 90th percentile line, but under the 95 line.
She wants to see me at 38 weeks to measure again, but no referral for growth scan or anything. Said she wasn't worried as everything else seems fine. Baby movements/heartbeat fine.

Should I be worried? Given there are just four weeks left to finish cooking baby, waiting for two of them to be re-measured seems a long time if there is a problem with growth...

This happened with me with my 3rd, i followed the same line on my growth chart for fundal height all the way through but then the last couple of weeks i dropped on my line. Midwife sent me for a growth scan to be on the safe side but she said she was fairly certain it was just due to babys position (he had dropped lower down). He was actually nearly 10lb and there was nothing to worry about

Awww hon I'm sure its nothing to worry about. If she was worried I'm sure she wud of sent you for a growth scan. As long as baby is moving around ok.
Ure be ok sweety

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"