Growth spurt. Increasing supply.

0_o

Me, Df, Ds + Dd
Reaction score
Dd is nearly 6weeks and today she has been feeding more often and emptying both boobs at feeds, screaming for more when they are emptied. How can I help with increasing my supply? I've expressed twice today half an hour after her feeds to help, and she had the expressed milk too. She's very hungry so I'm hoping it doesn't take long for supply to catch up.xx

Just wait and within 1 or 2 days your body will catch up.. just put baby on the boob very often.
Babies tend to get fussy when in a growth spurt, no need to supplement or anything!

^WSS the best way to fly through a growth spurt is just to feed constantly, its a PITA but if you give any type of supplement including expressed milk it may just prolong the process (I know from bitter experience with my eldest!) xx

Yup, no expressing, just lots of booby time for about 3 days. It's a nightmare during, but it will pass. If you want to try to speed things along, you can try eating loads of oatmeal. It may or may not help. Also, let LO comfort suck as much as they want. The extra stimulation will help up supply.

Nighttime feeding really increases supply quickly. If she is eating a lot during the day and not at night you might think of getting her to eat at night to increase your supply.

As the others said though, don't worry, in two days time or so your milk will catch up.

We just went through the 6week spurt and he was on the boob pretty much nonstop for 2-3days and the past two days he has just been eating and sleeping

Thanks ladies. I have expressed after a few feeds in the day as OH wants to give her a feed now and again. So have done that yesterday and today, and will express while she has thw bottle. She does feed a fair bit at night. Usually 7, 11, 1, 3, 5, 7. Sometimes more or less. Generally age hits 12 feeds a day. She's not so bad today (touch wood). Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->