Growth Spurt Q

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
You'd have thought I would be an expert by now :haha:

Has anyone else noticed their baby is clingy during a growth spurt? Anyone know why? Last night he woke every time I put him in his nest (after being awake until 11pm :wacko:) but at 2am I was losing the plot after picking him up every 20mins so just brought him into bed. He sprawled out next to me without touching me and slept until his usual wake up time at 6.30am. What's that about? He didn't want feeding or anything, I wish I'd cottoned on at midnight and I'd have got some bloody sleep :coffee:

Finnlay can be a bit like that but he tends to be worse in the day,cant put him down without him looking at me and doing his all new screaching cry that he has developed when he is not happy!!!!lol!x

Yeah Violet gets quite clingy when she has them. I think she just wants comforting as it's obviously not very pleasant for them.

Yeah but why? I mean, they're hungry and tired but why is it so awful for them? Do they get growing pains? Stomach ache from the feeding? It's weird.

Apparently it hurts and is uncomfortable. (according to my HV).

you not remember growing pains? My joints used to ache! I figured it was like that. He's quite good if he has a bad night teething or what not you can pop him in the bed, the next night he won't expect it... so that works for us too.

Yeah I wondered about growing pains. Poor lambs aren't they? His teething has kicked up a notch too I think which isn't helping.

My LO is very like this -- last weekend was mega growth spurt with teething. Poor guy. :nope: I felt terrible for him. And he was uber clingy to me. Needed lots of extra mom time.

Never thought about it being growing pains... that makes me feel even worse for him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->