Growth spurt

Unlucky41

Reaction score
My baby is going through what I think is her 6 weeks growth spurt. After feeding her a 11 just after 12 wailing her Lungs out. Put her on the breast again and of course she is wailing as the flow is so slow and hardly any milk. She then started to scratch and cry so loud. She couldn't wait for another hour or two for a feed. She wanted it now! We have her formula and any express milk we had.

Because she was over tired it took ages to settle her and she went to sleep in my arms @ 4am in the morning.

Has anyone experience such a terrible growth spurt event? Any advice as I am scared it is not over and it only happens at night. In the day time age feeds every 3 months but she is sucking me dry. I used to be able to express not this week! Been expressing after some feeds to increase supply not working yet!

Your supply will catch up mama - she's frustrated but putting in her order. Keep on putting her to the breast every time she asks - giving formula regularly won't give your body the signal to make more. Try offering more regularly in the day too - every 2 hours.

You can do it! The 6 week one was relentless here!

Mine was bad! Don't give expressed or formula, she needs to be on the breast to boost supply. You'll only prolong it by giving formula/expressed.

It lasted about 3 days for us! X

Thanks thankfully it is over. We did resort to formula but during the day expressed after every feed and fed more frequently! It was tough as she had a very bad temper

My LO hit her growth spurt at 7 weeks and it was awful! Every hour during the day and every 2 hours at night! Lasted nearly 5 days. I took had my sister give a couple of bottles of expressed milk just so I could have an hour off!

I'm glad yours is over with now...I just keep dreading the 12 week one :s! 12 weeks was my breastfeeding target so I hope I can make it through to the otherside of that growth spurt!

My LO hit her growth spurt at 7 weeks and it was awful! Every hour during the day and every 2 hours at night! Lasted nearly 5 days. I took had my sister give a couple of bottles of expressed milk just so I could have an hour off!

I'm glad yours is over with now...I just keep dreading the 12 week one :s! 12 weeks was my breastfeeding target so I hope I can make it through to the otherside of that growth spurt!

I didn't really notice the 12 week one cos 6weeks was sooooo bad!

I didn't really notice the 12 week one cos 6weeks was sooooo bad!

Fingers crossed our 12 week one won't be as bad too!

I'm also dreading the 12 week one. Especially as he's started with sleeping a 5 hour block at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->