Grr-is this right??!! Midwife giving out personal contact details?

B

Belle25

Just had a call to my mobile from some guy who works at some childrens centre place-maybe its surestart or something telling me about an event thats on tomorrow, completely unrelated to pregnancy or even my first born.

So I asked him how he got my number, and he said they can access the details of people in the area based on the contact info you give the midwife.

Am I the only one who thinks thats a bit wrong that the midwife gives out your personal details like that? :wacko:

Is that normal for them to do that?
xx

the MW wont give your details out but if his system is connected because its part of the same system that the MW uses then its possible things are visible, also if you have done classes at the sure start or signed up for them even then your details would be on their system

Never signed up to any classes, I just felt a bit annoyed as I do at random calls!
xx

do you see your MW at the surestart centre or the GP office? mine runs a clinic at the sure start centre as well as the local childrens centre not just the GP office

do you see your MW at the surestart centre or the GP office? mine runs a clinic at the sure start centre as well as the local childrens centre not just the GP office

Its always at the GPs office when I see her. Maybe they run clinics at the centre too like yours?
xx

I wouldnt b happy at that. Can they access anything else or just ur number?
As far as I knew the details you give midwife were private, surely? or you should have to sign a consent form to calls like thatx

As far as I knew the details you give midwife were private, surely? or you should have to sign a consent form to calls like thatx

I wasn't too happy. I was quite happily bouncing on my ball and had to get up to go and get my phone. :haha:
I really dislike any kind of sales calls etc. We get them all day on the house phone asking for Mr Reed (whoever he is!)or people ring asking if we are the college library. Funny thing is they never believe me when I say its the wrong number! :dohh:
xx

Id be a bit miffed at that one hun!!

On the topic of wrong numbers I often get ones that ask if its the bird sanctuary Im like wtf ummmm nooooooo:dohh:

i know that sure start are not given info from the mw from being a parent rep.
we were trying to let all new mums to be know about breast feeding support groups and they are not allowed to give sure start the info, we had to give the mw leaflets and ask her to hand them to anyone that wanted one.
you need to bring it up to your mw next time you see her

I wasn't too happy. I was quite happily bouncing on my ball and had to get up to go and get my phone. :haha:
I really dislike any kind of sales calls etc. We get them all day on the house phone asking for Mr Reed (whoever he is!)or people ring asking if we are the college library. Funny thing is they never believe me when I say its the wrong number! :dohh:
xx

Sorry to butt in over from 2nd trimester but i get a lot of calls for a Mr Reed too :S lol

i would ask your md why he got those details with out getting too cross there may be a connection or link somehow , but yes i do agreei wouldnt be pleased either just ask for an explanation, which you are entitled to.:thumbup:

xx

Sorry to butt in over from 2nd trimester but i get a lot of calls for a Mr Reed too :S lol

That flippin Mr Reed!! :haha:
xx

im pretty sure they're not allowed to give ur contact details out! any info u give healthcare professionals is meant to be confidential unless u sign a waiver. my midwife had to get me to sign a form to allow her to pass my details on to the antenatal classes at the children's centre! i wouldnt be happy! xx

I worked in a children's centre and know for a fact that details aren't shared without parental consent - we used to get information about expectant parents through forms filled out at booking in appointments - but again the midwife had to ask the parents for their consent so if the children's centre has your information, it'll have come from health, they have no other way of getting your info :)

Yeah I remember signing a form for my midwife to send my details on to the local sure start. That's really weird. Did you sign it at your booking in appointment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->