• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grr.

S

Serene123

I told one of my friends, who lost a baby last year, about my bleeding over the weekend, and she came out with this:
"You're probably losing it. If you do then that's just life."

Wasn't expecting that! :(

Friends can be nasty! Infact nice 'friend'!!

Should know better having been there herself.

I'd tell her to shut up < I edited what I would really tell her!

disregard your friend.

this girl, who isn't really a friend, had a really inappropriate reaction to when I told her I was pregnant.

She asked how long after the pill I got pregnant, and I said 3 weeks.
Her response to that:

Oh my sister's friend got pregnant right after coming off the pill and her baby ended up being deformed and she miscarried.

now that is a SHITTY first thing to say to someone.

You know some nice people girls.

Comments like that serve no purpose what so ever!! I never understand people like that, honestly what is the point of them opening their mouths.

Honey make that the first and last time you say anything of importance to her. She obviously doesn't know how to support you. Hopefully there are others you can talk to (hugs)

Thanks Guysss! Yeah, most people are saying she's probably jealous. Which makes me feel bad and like I shouldn't have spoke to her about it, but she did ask. I'll just not tell her next time

She sounds ignorant, what a harsh comment. Just ignore her, and I agree.. don't keep someone like that as your friend. Is she usually like that? If not, she probably said it because thats how she has come to terms with it in her mind and is trying to lessen the blow for you if the same happened (just trying to think about it from both sides).. still a very heartless comment though, you'd think that she would understand how worried you would be.

By the way, a lot of women have bled loads and had completely healthy, beautiful babies. I bled in my pregnancy and Bethanie is now almost 11 months. :D

I do feel like its O.K. deep down. I just don't want to be too positive and then lose him/her :(! I'm so attatched now. I really just want everything to be O.K!

Nearly a year ago i had an eptopic and had emergancy surgery and was bleeding for 2 weeks after having being sliced from hip to hip and my tube removed.

3 Weeks later i found out i was still PG .... That little girl fought and hung on despite me bleeding heavily, having my insides ran sacked and me passing clots!

Ellie is 3 mths old now and i also bled with my first and all was fine there also.

Your "friend" sounds bitter and jealous, disregard her selfish and twisted comment and concentrate on the good friends who are supporting you.

People like that don't deserve the time of day!

Relax and enjoy your PG and take no notice of her!

xxx

Thanks guys. I really hope they will let me have another early scan, just to put my mind at rest!

wow. unnecessary and uncalled for.

however, not that i'm excusing or condoning her behavior, i don't know what it's like to lose a baby. sounds like she's holding a lot of resent and anger. don't blame her for that, but i don't excuse her for being so rude to you.

:hugs:

Its hard isn't it. The one person you'd think would understand what you are going through. It probably is jealousy but maybe she didnt mean it to sound like it did. Maybe it brought back some horrible memories for her too. I'm not excusing what she said cos it was wrong but that is not what you need to hear right now.

Good luck :hugs:

I'm going through a similar thing with 2 friends. Both have a 14 month old already. One m/c 2 months ago, and the other has just found out she's pg. She lost one herself before her LO was born, so she's obviously worried sick about this pregnancy. To spare the other one's feelings, she told her first, but asked her not to say anything.

Anyway, the one who is pg runs a forum similar to this one (but not as big) and this other one only went and put a post about how let down she felt by her friend, and how unfeeling she had been by telling her she was pg!

So I've got my pg friend worried sick about the baby, and then some of her other friends are turning on her for hurting the other one!!! Added stress she doesn't need. I've told her to tell the lot of them to get stuffed and just concentrate on her and the baby, but she's making herself ill over it.:hissy:

What I'm trying to say to you is just ignore her. Don't worry about jealous petty people. If she can't be happy for you, then she isn't a friend hun.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->