GRRR needed a place to vent. Very LONG Sorry.

try4girl

Mom of 2 soon 3
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't post here very often, but after my day today I just need a place where I hope someone will have some advice. So my son was born XYY, with club feet and radioulnar synostosis. Since then he has been diagnosed with a sensory processing disorder, PDD-NOS. He was put on the medication risperidone for his PDD-NOS. It seemed to help he was only on .25 ML twice a day that was about a year ago his levels needed to be upped do to growth spurts and such so we are up to .75 twice a day, and it seemed to help a lot the only negative that I have seen is he weight gain. But anyway last week he had REALLY bad days at school on Weds and Thurs. He has Fri. and this Mon. off due to easter. We punished him like all of his doctors recommend. When he got up this morning he was in a great mood and was off to school like nothing was wrong he went to school and had another REALLY bad day I had to pick him up about two hours early. Tomorrow one of his therapists is going to go to the school and observe him since all the issues lately have been school. I have to say that I LOVE his school. But I am so frustrated because I am 6 months pregnant (which he is so excited for) and I am to the point that I can't hold him when he gets physical and when he has a bad day a school it makes a really rough night at home, so I am not sure what I should do anymore (it might be that I am a little hormonal.

Just so you know he has or has had a speech therapist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, behavior therapist, developmental pediatrician. He also has been in early intervention therapy for the PDD-NOS, been to genetic counseling, and to a few orthopedics. I feel like I am running out of options. All I want is him to have a happy life and be able to function in society. According to all his doctors this shouldn't be a issue.

Thank you for reading sorry it is so long.

J

Hi Hun,

Sorry, no specific advice, but sending you loads of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I certainly have my down, overwhelmed days as well, and know only too well how hard it can be to want soooo badly for them just to have a "normal" life functioning in society :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sorry missed this post. I can't be much help and my son is younger, but his behaviour always acts up when we get a change in routine (weekends he is usually a handful). He also had some pretty obvious behaviour changes at the end of my pregnancy when I was unable to deal with him the way I did before because of my SPD.

I definitely know what you mean though. I just want my kids to be happy and it is so hard when it seems like they are struggling. Tons of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

You are right when it comes to routines. I think some of it has to do with one of his teachers that is a older one and thinks that there is only one way to teach and Joey doesn't fit into that program. I also think that because his grandpa was off of work for a extend time and he he had been going over there getting away with everything. Coming home and going to school is just hard to get back into. Sometime I wished they had year round school. I think that he would do SO much better. I think it makes it worse that this summer I am going to be super pregnant and not able to run and play like we normally do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->