grumble grumble no anatomy scan until 20wks

N

Nerdy

OB scheduled my anatomy scan and to check my placental location for November 3rd. I should be 20w + 2d and that means I have over a month to wait for this scan! I just wanna know what this baby is!!!! Gah!!! I guess there's less chance of mistaking the gender at 20 weeks, but still... Definitely still debating the whole private scan bit.

Aww, it does seem like a long way out, but you are right little room for error!!

I had to wait until 20 weeks for any ultrasound (aside from one at 7 weeks)... The wait was really hard. Seriously. We debated a private ultrasound much sooner but in the end decided we would wait for the one our insurance would cover and feel more confident when they told us the gender. It's pretty obvious by 20+ weeks lol totally get it if you'd decide to get a private scan sooner and if you decide to wait it out, I hope it goes quickly for you!

Don't feel too bad... Mine's not til 22 weeks... :wacko:

I would wait because I like that the longer you wait, the more accurate it is for sex. It will go quick! November will be here before you know it!

You guys echo a lot of my sentiments. I definitely want to know and know for certain before I go nuts with a gender reveal party and start buying for one gender only to be like "hah hah... Yeah... So... GOTCHA!" to my family a few weeks later, you know? Meh. I just wanna KNOW and see baby again!

With DS The 20 week scan was the first scan I got so I felt tortured for waiting so long. In reality it went by very quickly. This time around, I had a 6 week scan, an 8 week scan and a scan yesterday at 13+2 and it makes it seem like it's going by slower!

You should definitely go to the place with the bakery deal. :haha:

(Sorry, not sorry, if I'm a bad influence :rofl:)

I have my anatomy scan on the 19th. I'll be 18.5 weeks. But we're going to do a little cupcake reveal with family on the 24th, so we have to wait til then to find out the gender. I can't wait to find out too! I'm glad I'll be 18.5 weeks because hopefully they will get a nice clear shot to tell sex :)

I have my anatomy scan on the 19th. I'll be 18.5 weeks. But we're going to do a little cupcake reveal with family on the 24th, so we have to wait til then to find out the gender. I can't wait to find out too! I'm glad I'll be 18.5 weeks because hopefully they will get a nice clear shot to tell sex :)

I hope they can tell for you... I had one at 18 weeks and baby was being stubborn... 30 minutes of prodding and my kiddo wouldn't open his/her legs... Gotta wait til 22 weeks now. Good luck to you! :flower:

I hope they can tell for you... I had one at 18 weeks and baby was being stubborn... 30 minutes of prodding and my kiddo wouldn't open his/her legs... Gotta wait til 22 weeks now. Good luck to you! :flower:

Thanks, we're really hoping too because in order to do a gender reveal, we gotta know the gender lol. We are only goin to do the reveal party bc it's our daughters 2nd birthday party on the 24th, so a perfect opportunity to bit into cupcakes to find out, since family will already be there all together :)

It really is worth the wait because baby is so big and easy to see at this point. It really makes the rest of pregnancy feel more exciting. I have mine in 4 days, so I'll be 19w4d. So excited, but the best ultrasound I had was my anomaly scan with my first baby at almost 22 weeks along!

I think I want the bakery deal... If not, I'm still doing cupcakes because I have a horrible sweet tooth as is.

I believe they're doing an anomaly scan at 20 weeks as well, and I know this guy is ridiculously thorough. It's just a PITA waiting. Not only am I eager to know gender, I'm eager to know if this whole low lying placenta thing has cleared up. Hubby and I are... Well... Bored. ;)

Are you in the states? Some colleges who offer us tech training do free scans. Or you could always opt for a private scan? The harmony test can check the sex as well. But it's usually $200.00.

My anatomy scan isn't until the 29th of this month. We got the private scan at 16 weeks though. No way could my impatient butt wait. Lol

My anatomy scan isn't until Monday (I'll be 20w 5d) but we paid for a private gender scan around 17w.

20 weeks is quite usual for the anatomy scan as that's the optimal size for spotting any problems, finding out the gender is just a bonus. An earlier gender scan might be nice though if you really don't want to wait and have the money spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->