• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GTT at 16 weeks after GD in 1st pregnancy

emma20

Reaction score
I have a GTT booked in in a couple of weeks for when I am 16 weeks. I had GD in my first pregnancy, I got diagnosed at 27 weeks, I was just wondering if most women get GD again and if they normally get diagnosed so early on or if it doesn't develop until 27 weeksish! I am obviously hoping not to get it this time, I've lost weight and my bmi is in the normal category this pregnancy but don't know if this makes any difference? Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

From what my doctor said if you had GD in your previous pregnancy you have a 45% chance of getting it again. I had it last time was diagnosed at 23 weeks but they are still not doing the gtt test till 24 weeks they just have me monitoring my sugars at home. Losing weight should lower your risk as well but keep in mind anyone can get GD regardless of size. With them testing at 16 weeks they may end up reapeating the test at 24- 28 weeks as well as that is when most women develop it

I have had GD in all my pregnancies (despite zero risk factors...boo)

My first was late disagnosis at 36 weeks. My second I refused a GTT and monitored my numbers and they were odd by 16 weeks and GD by 20 weeks. I think they wanted me to have a GTT at 24 weeks???

Third pregnancy they wanted me to have a GTT at 16 weeks that I refused again and I monitored from 12 weeks. GD arrived at 17.5 weeks that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->