Guess what! Natural induction doesn't work! lol

wlovew

Reaction score
So I'm 40+3 and I've tried EVVVVVERYTHING (aside from castor oil which I refuse) to attempt at-home, natural induction... NOTHING has worked. Today I even busted out my electric pump and extracted some colostrum! Did 20 min. each side, got one non-painful contraction out of each session. Waited an hour, did it again, only got a contraction from the right breast. Got colostrum all over my shirt because I'm a total rookie and it kept leaking lol AND NO LABOR. :wacko: I SWEAR if any of these "natural" techniques have worked for anybody it was pure coincidence and baby would have come anyway lol :dohh:

Lol I'm sorry to laugh but that's probably something that would happen to me :haha:

Any hopes on an induction date?

Awww I've been thinking about you. Will your doc do a sweep ?

Hugs. 15 days late with my first. Have you tried clary sage oil?

My doctor did a sweep on September 10!! I had my bloody show on the 11th and thought for sure she was going to come soon!! NOPE!! LOL I go for a non-stress test this Thursday and they'll schedule induction for Saturday. I really didn't want induction because I hoped for a natural, drug-free birth but at this point I'll take whatever I can get to get this baby OUT!!!! :)

I have tried prego pizza (have friends who swore by it), sex, exercise/dancing, stairs, walking, bouncing on my exercise ball, nipple stimulation, spicy food, acupressure, breast pumping... NOTHING did anything but the sex did make me lose my mucus plug I believe!! Had sex two nights in a row, a Thursday and Friday, and then lost my mucus plug in massive amounts on Saturday and Sunday and more almost daily ever since and that was almost 2 weeks ago! I had high hopes about the sweep but it didn't work, I did have the bloody show the day after but no contractions. This baby is so big her movements HURT LIKE HELL. I could swear I am pregnant with a little vampire with claws!!!!!!!!

I tried everything with ds2!! Nothing worked!! As soon as I gave up and relaxed a bit, baby decided to come! Good luck! Hope you have her soon!

OK ladies I have a kinda gross/TMI question - I have had stomach issues for pretty much the last week but yesterday and today really bad (just frequent having to go). Just had a bout of actual diarrhea which I know can be a sign of impending labor!!!!! BUT I'm not having contractions and the stomach pain from this is really not even that bad. My question is - when you do get diarrhea before labor isn't it usually accompanied by contractions?? And pretty bad? I am a lazy ass and I ordered Chinese delivery last night and I think it could very well be the culprit because I was woken up this morning at 4:30 by one hell of a painful contraction and hoped like hell that was the start of labor but it was THE ONLY contraction I had, and all day today my stomach has been going through HELL with gas and constant trips to the bathroom. BUT NO CONTRACTIONS!!!! WHAT THE HELL, MAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I Probably should throw away the leftovers. Had some for lunch, too, and I doubt that was very smart. :/

POSTING THIS AS A NEW TOPIC, TOO!! Hoping I don't gross too many people out lol

Lol I don't know where to start lol u really did try everything!! I agree w the pp nothing worked for me not even relaxing but the day I relaxed after my sweep I did start feeling more and more pains mayb try a relaxing warm bath.

As far as the moving bowels I'm not too sure about diarrhea with my son the most recent one haha.... I kept having to go to the bathroom and it was soft small amount and everytime I would go I would get some cramps mayb contractions i assumed it was fr baby

Can't wait for u to have the baby so exciting I hope she comes for u before saturday

I was kinda in the same boat as you I did everything and walked like crazy to get my first son out but he wouldn't budge, but when he finally did come his labor was only 5 hrs from first contraction to delivery and I think the walking and everything else helped have a quick smooth labor! I hope that all this will also give you a nice smooth easy labor 💗 hugs!

I was kinda in the same boat as you I did everything and walked like crazy to get my first son out but he wouldn't budge, but when he finally did come his labor was only 5 hrs from first contraction to delivery and I think the walking and everything else helped have a quick smooth labor! I hope that all this will also give you a nice smooth easy labor 💗 hugs!

Sounds amazing!! THANK YOU, I sure hope so toooo!!! LOL

I dont think I would be able to wait that long. I am already getting impatient. I have heard that the loose bowels can happen right before labor. Hopefully for you this is the case.

My OB said the nipple stim, sex, sperm, and orgasms. So get the wee vibrator out or something or maybe the DH will help you out. She was quite adamant that these are the only science backed natural induction methods. Is there a looming induction date if you don't evict baby soon?

Hi
I feel your pain. Am not there yet but in a couple of weeks I'll be trying everything to get him out before induction. Have you tried pregnancy massage or acupuncture? Also I think someone said clary sage?

What's the preggo pizza???

Good luck xx

My OB said the nipple stim, sex, sperm, and orgasms. So get the wee vibrator out or something or maybe the DH will help you out. She was quite adamant that these are the only science backed natural induction methods. Is there a looming induction date if you don't evict baby soon?

Oh I do the vibrator thing daily hoping for something but it just makes my belly go hard for a spell afterward. Done the sex, lots of nipple stim and pumping today. Nothing works!!!! Induction will be this Saturday :/

Hehe.
The only thing that worked for me all 3 times was sex. Hubby dtd inside. Laid up for a bit to let the magic happen and i went into labour the next day :)

Hi
I feel your pain. Am not there yet but in a couple of weeks I'll be trying everything to get him out before induction. Have you tried pregnancy massage or acupuncture? Also I think someone said clary sage?

What's the preggo pizza???

Good luck xx

I have tried acupressure (foot and leg massage) which was wonderful but NOTHING lol Clary sage I have not tried and really have no faith in that at all at this point because the major stuff hasn't done diddly-squat!! I thought for sure the breast pump would generate some serious contractions since there are so many warnings! Ya, sure, I got one from each boob and they didn't hurt just gave me boulder-belly!!!! lol I imagine if I went and got clary sage tomorrow and she DID come after using it that she would come anyway LOL!!!! And the prego-pizza is a pizza from a local joint here in my area that is FAMOUS for putting women into labor and it worked for a few of my girlfriends! It is just a pizza loaded with every single topping there is and a TON of garlic. It was tasty aside from the garlic and did nothing for me but probably add an inch to my waistline!!!!!! :cry:

Hehe.
The only thing that worked for me all 3 times was sex. Hubby dtd inside. Laid up for a bit to let the magic happen and i went into labour the next day :)

Ya, tried that a couple of weeks ago to soften the cervix and I do believe it worked because the next two days I lost my mucus plug!! If my BD wasn't such a prick I'd ask him to come over and do it more but we don't get along :/

Oh dear. I feel your pain. I went to 40+10 before hospital induction with no 1 and then the hospital induction took 2 days. I think natural induction only works if you're on the brink anyway. Don't get me wrong I'll probably be trying it all again this time too but believe me when I say you will forget all about this bit once you hold your baby. You can still go drug free with induction if the induction is successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->