Guess what! Natural induction doesn't work! lol

Aw :hugs:. I went 2 weeks over with my DS, I was induced but just needed the pessaries and had a great labour, 6 hours, gas and air, lovely! Hope you get your natural birth even if you get induced.
With my 1st nothing worked. With my 2nd I tried a few things and the only thing which definitely brought on contractions and kept them going was clary sage oil.

Maybe try acupuncture or reflexology? Evening primrose capsules? It's frustrating I'm going to try a few things next week but not getting my hopes up

Nothing worked for me either Hun with any of mine, I tried it all other than castor oil which I wouldn't ever even consider trying, nothing works I beleive babies will just arrive when they are ready and there is nothing you can do to hurry them along lol

I tried everything with DS and nothing work I was induced at 40+10 and he arrived 7 hours later :shrug: sometimes they just need the extra incentive to get them out :shrug:

I will try it all again this time tho :haha:

My OB said the nipple stim, sex, sperm, and orgasms. So get the wee vibrator out or something or maybe the DH will help you out. She was quite adamant that these are the only science backed natural induction methods. Is there a looming induction date if you don't evict baby soon?

Oh I do the vibrator thing daily hoping for something but it just makes my belly go hard for a spell afterward. Done the sex, lots of nipple stim and pumping today. Nothing works!!!! Induction will be this Saturday :/

Darn it! Well no one can say you haven't given it your all:haha: I'll be in the same boat as you in a few weeks. Do let us know how you get on, especially if you have to be induced. Do they want to use the balloon first on you too? I'm terrified!:blush:

Has anyone tried castor oil? Do you literally just down it? (And try to keep it down?!?) I thought it was for constipation? Knowing my luck I'd go into labour and get the runs at the same time!! :wacko:
Xx

Has anyone tried castor oil? Do you literally just down it? (And try to keep it down?!?) I thought it was for constipation? Knowing my luck I'd go into labour and get the runs at the same time!! :wacko:
Xx

Castor oil has too many risks, IMO. It likely will give you some of the worst diarrhea you've ever had (that's how it gets labor going, stimulates the HELL out of your bowels) and possibly have you throwing up at the same time! It can make your baby poo in utero and you don't want that!!! The risks outweigh the positives for me on Castor Oil so I'm staying away!! It worked for a few of my friends but they had some serious diarrhea beforehand and one of them was also vomiting. NO THANKS lol

Xx

Castor oil has too many risks, IMO. It likely will give you some of the worst diarrhea you've ever had (that's how it gets labor going, stimulates the HELL out of your bowels) and possibly have you throwing up at the same time! It can make your baby poo in utero and you don't want that!!! The risks outweigh the positives for me on Castor Oil so I'm staying away!! It worked for a few of my friends but they had some serious diarrhea beforehand and one of them was also vomiting. NO THANKS lol

Jeez, sounds bloody awful!! :nope: xx

I heard they only work if your body and baby are ready

Ya, I think they only "work" because baby was gonna come anyway LOL!!! My little girl is big and her movements hurt like HELL sometimes. When I'm driving I'll get kicks that almost knock me out!!! Thank god just a few more days and I'll get induced. I am going to BEG tomorrow, but they will probably say no because it won't be a week late yet :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->