Guilt about stopping BF to TTC

.Mrs.B.

Reaction score
Still no AF at 8.5 months PP (and definately no BFP according to IC's), we wanted 2 close together and it's now dawned on me that I will probably need to stop BF to TTC. :cry: I'm ready to stop, he happily takes bottles without seeming to know the difference but for some reason I feel really bad and selfish. :( I guess I have to stop sometime....

I don't think you should feel bad. 8 months is quite an achievement :) Besides, he probably won't realise or care - a sibling will make much more of an impact in the long-term!

I don't think you should feel bad. 8 months is quite an achievement :) Besides, he probably won't realise or care - a sibling will make much of an impact in the long-term!

Thank you that's so true.:hugs:

Aw bless you. I know the attachment that comes with bf but he is over 6 months and some babies dont even get colostrum! Youve done a amazing job hun x

8.5 months is great. I BF DD2 for 9 months, and she has a higher IQ than DD 1 who I BF for 19 months. Both my girls are smart but DD2 is gifted. :) They are also very healthy!

You don't HAVE to.
Are you ovulating? If not, a long space between feeds may kick start ovulation/periods.
I had one day at 6 months where Quinn refused to feed for 6 hours, then the next day my period arrived. I ovulated the next cycle.
Now the only problem I have is a short LP but I'm working on it.

My daughter feeds every 2 hours so there's no chance of us stopping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->