Gum disease, toothache, Gingivitis??

SKATERBUN

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Ive been in agony since saturday with sore gums.

It started friday night when they felt irritated like there was some food stuck in between, a couple of my back teeth (pre molars) are a little close together and I did try and floss but the flooss just got wedged in there and DH had to help yank it out!!

Bought some interdental sticks on Saturday and extra strong mouthwash but the pains increasing and eatings becoming harder as my actual teeth are hurting too now.

Has anyone had gum problems before and does it sound like Gingivitis ?
I have heard that after having a baby (and during pregnancy) women suffer more with dental problems due to hormonal changes. :cry:
Havent had any problems in ten years so I am dreading seeing a dentist :(

I did have some gum problems but have somewhat resolved itself.
They do say that if you already have some underlying condition with your gums or teeth, it will definately gear its ugly head once you become pregnant or afterwards.

I would just go to the dentist and have a deep cleaning done.

Go and see the dentist - you probably just need a good deep clean. Have you been to the dentist in the past 10 years? xxx

Go and see the dentist - you probably just need a good deep clean. Have you been to the dentist in the past 10 years? xxx

:nope: :blush: not had any problems till now, and before pregnancy couldn't afford to go for even check ups just in case they started saying I need this and that done as preventative measures.. but I guess its still free through an NHS dentist whilst I'm still on Mat leave? :)

:nope: :blush: not had any problems till now, and before pregnancy couldn't afford to go for even check ups just in case they started saying I need this and that done as preventative measures.. but I guess its still free through an NHS dentist whilst I'm still on Mat leave? :)

If you have an NHS dentist, its free :thumbup: You should really go, gum disease can be a problem in pregnancy and you dont wan't to risk losing a tooth :hugs: :hugs: I hate it too, and didnt go for 8 years - but I'm so glad I did in the end so my teeth are ok for TTC x

Thanks Boofle, think its time to register with a new dentist! x :thumbup: :hugs:

I've had gum disease before. To tackle it I got Cortosyl mouth wash and used at least twice a da. Its REALLY good for bad gums/gum disease. Also went to the hygenist to get my teeth properly cleaned.

Also switched to an electric toothbrush. All these things together improved it considerably. And 2 out of 3 can be done without even going ot the dreaded dentist!

gl! x

I've had gum disease before. To tackle it I got Cortosyl mouth wash and used at least twice a da. Its REALLY good for bad gums/gum disease. Also went to the hygenist to get my teeth properly cleaned.

Also switched to an electric toothbrush. All these things together improved it considerably. And 2 out of 3 can be done without even going ot the dreaded dentist!

gl! x

I used Cortosyl as well after it was recommended to me by my dentist - it really helps :thumbup: Hope you feel better OP x

Thanks Kanga & Miss Wright, I know about Cordasyl mouth rinse, should of got it!
I got the 6 in 1 Listerine instead, it still works ok but I do remember my dentist saying that Cordasyl was the best when i was went to see her 10 years back! LOL
Also I have ressurected the old leccy toothbrush. It was in hiding as I've not been able to afford the refills, DH was using them too and it was costing too much:(, got some on special offer in boots though and now I'm brushing 3 times a day, flossing, mouth rinsing, its still quite sore but going to make an appointment soon anyway because of the free dental care at the mo. It looks like I may have a food trap between my pre molars as theres a crevice for food to get in but not to come out the other side.

Thanks for all your help ladies :)

gl! x

I used Cortosyl as well after it was recommended to me by my dentist - it really helps :thumbup: Hope you feel better OP x

It's true that only a dental professional can recommend better treatment for us for better results.:happydance:

can i just say so your aware, you dont get the hygenist free :( i went to my dentist everythings free but that :( so i didnt have it as couldnt afford it :( xx

Oh yes thanks I thought that may be the case, but I think i will probably have to see a dentist after not seeing one for ten years lol just in case its something more serious.
I'm sure a hygenist will only cover the bare minimum and may miss something more important, I'm using that Cordasyl though and it seems to be working :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->