Gut feeling that I'll have the baby early

Beadle

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why but I just have this gut feeling that I'm going to have this baby early. I'm sure it's partially from the terrible BH contractions I've had for the last 2 months, but I can't shake the feeling, and apparently even my mom has been feeling like I'll maybe get to 37 weeks if I'm lucky. I think it'd ease my mind a little if I knew how this baby is doing, but I don't even know if she's growing on schedule since my doctor has never measured my belly and I haven't had any scans since my 20 week, which at that point she was growing at the right rate. But I changed doctors and I have my first ap with my new doc tuesday so hopefully she'll measure me then and help ease that bit.

But for the last week or two I've been really pushing FOB to work with me to come up with a name and I've been rushing to make sure I have everything I need for the baby's room. When FOB and I were talking last night he mentioned having just under 2 months and I subconsciously scoffed and said "hopefully", I really don't understand it but I keep thinking I'm only going to make it to 35 weeks, maybe 37 if I'm really lucky.

Anyone else had a feeling like this?

I could have written this myself a few months back!

I had 2 family members who are doctors guessing a July date, and I just felt like it was a gut feeling for me too.

Guess what? It's my due date tomorrow and I'm still waiting! Had more signs of labour at 35 weeks than I do now!x

I had the same feeling with my son, and I was right, but he was only 2 weeks early so it was no biggie!! I am actually kind of glad he was early because my doc said if he made it to term he would have been a high 8 or 9 pounder lol He was gaining a fair amount in that last month so I was happy to have him at just over 7lbs hahaha

Part of me is hoping I'm early, but only once she is fully developed, I'm fine with a 37+ but not so much a 35. She's already running out of room and my uterus is starting to curl over the ribs instead of under since I have a tiny torso x_x I can't imagine the pain and such I'll be in if I make it to the full 40

I also have that feeling.I don't think she will come super early.I'm thinking 38 weeks.I would like her to stay the full 40 but we will see.I think I have that feeling because I worry my body won't put up with this pregnancy much longer.I had DD1 May 2012,ectopic in Nov 2012,and got pregnant with this DD Feb 2013.Really haven't had a break from pregnancy.I started having braxton hicks at 14 weeks.I'm hoping this DD holds out until atleast 37 weeks.

Oh goodness yeah you haven't had much of a break, hopefully you make it to term at least =) but I feel you on the body not putting up with it, I swear each day my body breaks down a little further, my hips feel like they're going to break. I have snapping hip syndrome and with my hips widening and the baby dropping I feel like they're going to pop out like a barbie doll doing the splits lol

I really feel the same. I did have my first very early @ 31 weeks (went into ptl at 27 weeks). My 2nd went 40w5d, but this time, I feel much more BH and my cervix just hurts off and on lol. Every week my ticker goes up im so happy. I hope I make it to 38-40 but not sure really lol

My first was born at 36 weeks and with y lupus chances are baby wont make it to full term so I've tried to prepare myself for an early little one .

With my first had nothing prepared until I starte going into labour at 33 weeks and thn had to rush to get things together so with this on I figure if I prepare myself for him to be here at 36 weeks then of he makes it to full term great but if not ill be ready :)

I feel the same way!! I've had BH since about 16 weeks that I notice, had some spotting last week and found out I have a growth on my cervix (my dr said no worries), but yesterday he said my cervix looks soft. I've had terrible back pain and have a rib popping out of place already! I had a very fast labor the first time so I think some of those worries are coming into play.

I had the same feeling, had my bag packed by 31 weeks (my neighbour had her baby at 31 weeks so I didn't want to take any chances), she arrived 5 days late!!!! Try not to worry, every additional day is another day that baby has got stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->