Gutted... Just want to cry. :(

vyktoriah

Mama to Dex. No 2 coming!
Reaction score
I'm 38 weeks today and booked in for induction at exactly 40 weeks (15th Feb). But have had a LOT of symptoms and signs that baby will be coming very soon. Have been having contractions all weekend long, lost a lot of my plug on Saturday and have been dribbling fluid for days.

But I have been keeping my knees together because my mother is supposed to fly tonight out of Pennsylvania to the UK to stay with me for the month so she can be here to see her grandson born. I've been looking forward to this for MONTHS, and now, at the last minute, severe weather has hit where she's at, and I've just seen her first flight is cancelled. :( She is supposed to be taking THREE flights to get here, and with the first one cancelled, she can't get here.

I want my mommy SO much, and I'm completely gutted that she's not going to be here tomorrow after all. She warned me yesterday that they were in for severe weather, so I was watching the live departure boards all night, and they've cancelled ALL flights to her first destination, and she's got no other way to get there to catch the other flights.

I'm not only worried about her getting here (I am hoping she can reschedule for a couple days time), but also that the baby will come before she makes it. :( We've been planning for YEARS for her to be with me when I give birth, and I'm so upset that it might not happen now.

Sorry, but I just had to vent. I feel so helpless and alone. My partner and I are both American, and neither of us have any family or friends around, so I've gone through the whole pregnancy alone. Just want SOMEONE around with me when it's my time. :(

Aw hope she does manage to get here, having said that though have you been checked out at the hospital as if you're waters have been going for days you could be at risk of infection?

so sorry to hear this, sending lots of :hugs: your way. i know its not the same as her being at the birth, but i hope she can get here to see her grandson very soon afterwards x

aw how disappointing for you, big hugs :)

So sorry, really hope she manages to get to you in time xx

I'm sorry :( It's really nasty up there now, flights all over are cancelled (lots at our local airport even, and im in florida!)... on the bright side, you have your OH with you, so you're not "alone" :)

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
I'm sorry hun, hope your Mommy gets there for you! She still has time sweetie, hopefully your LO stays put until his Grandma gets there! Sending positive vibes your way xx

Good luck! The weather's not so hot here in the US right now, but hopefully it all passes and she gets there soon!!! :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: So sorry you mom isn't able to get her flight out. The weather here is bad, but should pass in a few days. Hopefully she can still get there in time. For now, at least you have your OH around. I know it isn't the same as your mom when that's what you have been planning on.

Aw hope she does manage to get here, having said that though have you been checked out at the hospital as if you're waters have been going for days you could be at risk of infection?[/QUOTE]

^^agree^^

Hope it all works out with your mum xx

Thank you all for the kind words and support. The airlines are not making things easy, unfortunately. They have rescheduled her flights, but they've done it backwards! She's meant to fly from Erie to Cleveland to Newark to London. So they have booked her from Cleveland to Newark to London for tomorrow morning and from Erie to Cleveland for Thursday!! Makes no sense!

Though now it looks like Newark Airport is going to be closing later anyway, so I doubt it matters. I don't know how long the weather is supposed to last, and I know lots of folks are in the same boat, but I'm just so worried about her getting here safely and in time for the birth. :(

Keeping my fingers crossed, though!

Oh - and as for my leakage, I've spoken to my midwife and she just said to keep a pad on and if the flow gets REALLY heavy, I should go to L&D. *shrug* It seems to have ebbed quite a bit today, though, so maybe it was just really watery discharge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->