Guys what are your thoughts? Update!

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
On this story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eacher-Jeremy-Forrest-board-ferry-France.html

Megan has been found and teacher has been arrested!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...girl-maths-teacher-Jeremy-Forrest-France.html

These are my thoughts..

I've been reading all sorts about this. People saying "good on them" "love does funny things, leave them alone". This man was in a position of trust. He has abused that. As a man of apparent intellect (being a teacher and all..) why does he not realise that education is of the utmost importance? He has taken this girl away from all the chances she could have to make it. What did Megan want to be when she was older? A doctor, a vet, a politican? Maybe we'll never get to find out. He has taken her away from everything she knows, deeply hurting her family and friends. Ruining his life and career.. and devastating and humiliating his WIFE.

I don't care about people harping on how at 15 we know what we're doing, we can make our own choices. This young girl has only just turned 15. This started when she was 14. We may think we're mature and know it all.. but at that age most of us are emotionally immature. Usually until much later in life when we've experienced things. What has Megan experienced? What does she know of the adult world and how harsh and hard it can be? Nothing, because she's been nutured and loved by her parents who were trying to protect her from it until she was ready. But he has pulled her into a whole different world, one where there is going to be alot of dire consequences.

If he loved and cared for her, he would have waited. He would have said no, that her life was more important than his own selfishness. She is a young girl, and she is impressionable. This will follow her for the rest of her life. These are supposed to be the best years. Finishing school, deciding what to do, go to uni, get a job and start thinking about boyfriends. Now she's on the run. He should tell her he's taking her home and will be facing the consequences of his actions, as that's what adults do. They admit their mistakes. Instead he's acting like a teenager himself.

Who knows what has happened? They apparently had return tickets. Who knows if he told her they were going away for a weekend and then decided he didn't want to come back, and persuaded her? Like I said, we were all impressionable at that age. He needs to bring her home back to her family. So she has some chances in life unlike him who has ruined his. Not to mention his poor wife. How he could absolutely humiliate her like this I don't know. What a horrible man.. As for her parents.. I can't imagine how they feel. All I can say if it were my daughter then I'd be hunting them both down and kicking his ass. He knows what he's doing is wrong and illegal. He started a relationship with a 14 year old. I don't say "good on them" I say why aren't we all wondering what the hell is wrong with this man?

I get that she thinks she's in love. And maybe she is. Maybe they are. But there's a RIGHT way of doing things, and this is not it. If it was love, they would of waited at least another year, so they didn't hurt anyone. He would have left his wife, she could have told her parents. I don't know. Whatever is deemed "right" in this situation, this is definitely not it. This is so so wrong.

I agree with everything you said Jem, this was definitely not a way to go about it at all
Can't imagine how her poor parents must be feeling :(

Just to add to what has been said which I 100% agree with

The police knew about this relationship last week

The school knew about it months ago

Why did no one tell her parents?

Exactly! Apparently her friend told the school about the relationship

Its child abuse. She probably thinks she is so grown up and in love. Infatuated, definitely.
HE is the responsible adult in a position of trust. He should have said no.
True love waits.

I agree with Jem. I'm quite disgusted at the comments on various newspaper websites making out even that this teacher is the victim and this girl is some kind of malicious, scheming cow who was planning to upset her parents and ruin this guy's career, it's unbelievable. He was in a position of authority and he has grossly abused it, even if this girl was reputed as the local slapper and she was 17 but he was still her teacher that would still be totally wrong but she is underage and seems very naive and trusting to me which makes things even worse. :( xx

I really don't get what was going through his mind, to walk out on his wife and career and doing the cliche thing of fleeing to france, he should have checked how the rest of those stories ended before hand, love has nothing to do with it, he's an adult in a position of trust, it's illegal to have a relationship with a pupil, maybe it's just me but I don't see what a 15 year old would have in common with a 30 year old man, I hope they're found and charged for what they've done - he's broken the law and he's encouraged a minor to run away from home, what an idiot, that's the first thing I thought when I heard this story, what a complete fool, he must have guessed this would have happened but still did it anyway, his poor wife and family - your husband runs away with a school girl and makes front page news isn't something easy to live down, nor for the girls family :nope:

The worrying thing now is where can they go and how can they live

He must know that they can never live happily ever after

The net so to speak is closing in time wise, the don't have indefinite funds, I really hope he decides to bring her home and face the music as the other option doesn't bare thinking about

Me too! She's such a pretty girl too, why would she want him lol? I'm glad she's safe. I didn't doubt her safety, at 15 she full well must of known what she was doing... Probably just didn't think of consequences. Hope she's home soon so we can find out more!

Honestly, the minute hes out and shes of age to be with him. I think she'll go straight back.

xx

@lhancock ; I agree

Tbh I dont think they intended to run away at first, they probably saw all the media coverage and panicked, I dont see how theuir going to charge him with child abduction when she went with him willingly.

Yeah I don't think it was child abduction either

she is a child, he is an adult

he abducted her

whether she was willing to go or not she is 15 years old and he was her teacher, a responsible adult with a duty of care

he took her out of the country and away from her parents. he abducted her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->