Gym ball vs birthing ball.

Im gonna say yes :) Ive just brought gym ball from argos, gonna start using it today and try and move this baby down as his still not engaged!! X

That's where I've been having a look at them, I searched birthing ball too and they're the same height etc so I'm presuming they are the same thing.

:)

Does anyone know how I'd know which size would be better for me, there is a 65cm and a 75cm one.

I think you'll need the smaller one, I had the 75cm one but I'm nearly 5ft8 and have really long legs.
I would just check the weight limit it is rated to and that it is one of the safety ones that would deflate slowly and not burst.
Xx

It says 23st is the maximum, so I'm ok on that front. I'm 5ft in height so I think I would be better with the smaller one then :) xx

Definitely check for 'anti burst'! Someone I know recently had a gym ball and it burst and she landed on her tailbone and badly bruised it, fortunately baby is okay.

Thank you ladies.

The one I reserved doesn't say anything about anti burst so im going to cancel that one and find an anti burst one.

Glad you mentioned this!

Does anyone know how I'd know which size would be better for me, there is a 65cm and a 75cm one.

the size changes for each person based on your height. When I shopped for my ball I noticed the size guide on the box. I have a smaller one as I'm only 5'3" (ish) lol!

I'm glad they sound like the same thing. My FIL let us barrow one of theirs and I've been loving the pressure relief I find while sitting/rocking on it.

I'm glad they sound like the same thing. My FIL let us barrow one of theirs and I've been loving the pressure relief I find while sitting/rocking on it.

I found this, it's just heaven, right?

Takes the pressure off my lower back it feels amazing to sit on if I'm feeling uncomfortable :)

I bought the Divina Mcall one from Argos this time and last. They say 75cm but the size is adjustable and I find it's perfect for me. I tried a normal birthing ball at hospital and couldn't even reach the top to sit on it, it was massive!!!

I looked at the davina ones I love the bright colour, but I couldn't find anywhere that said it was anti burst so I went with a reebok one and it said anti burst in the description :)

I agree though, the hospital ones are huge!!! Wasn't comfortable for me at all.

They're the same!
I got mine from a sports store, I think mine is actually 85 cm.
The store should be able to tell you which one you'll need.

I found this, it's just heaven, right?

Takes the pressure off my lower back it feels amazing to sit on if I'm feeling uncomfortable :)

They're amazing for taking pressure off and helping with indigestion. The other night after dinner I felt like all my food and ice water were sitting in the back of my throat and making me ill, so I sat up straight on the exercise ball and felt relief - I just can't sit right on other furniture when feeling like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->