Gyne issues?

flump1

2011 is the year!
Reaction score
Hi,
Im just wondering if anyone here has had to have any gyne investigations for varies reasons?

The reason i ask is the past month and a half i have had a pain that comes and goes on the lower left side of my abdomen. I went to the docter last week who thought it was an ovarian cyst and reffered me to have an ultrasound. I had the ultrasound on friday whih showed that my ovaries and uterus were completely normal. So now iam confused as to what this pain could be.
The doctor didnt do an internal ultrasound either she just did a quick one on top, i thought the internal ones were the best way to get a picture of ur ovaries and tubes so iam confused as to why she didnt do one???

Those of you that have had things diagnosed what tests did you have done that helped with your conditions being diagnsed if you dont mind me asking? Iam now paranoid that im having an ectopic pregnancy or something!

Sorry for the essay lol!

xxx

I had an external which showed a cyst but when I had my lap it had gone. Cysts are pretty normal.

If you have pain I would recommend a lap as its the only true way of diagnosing problems like endo or seeing scar tissue.

I have scar tissue on my left ovary and a blocked tube. I wouldnt of known this without a lap. It depends how much the pain affects you. If it doesnt affect your life and its just an ache it could be ovulation and I wouldnt bother with a lap. Hope that helps.

xxx

Thanks for your reply thats very helpful, its an ache that iv had on and off but everyday so think that rules out ovulation. its also quite tender to touch or press on that area now aswell.
Im waitin to hear what my docter will suggest now, does the pain affect your everyday life or was it just annoying to have, sorry to hear you have a blocked tube, can they do anything about your pain?

xxx

I ended up in A&E once in an ambulance, some days its bad some it isnt.

Sometimes it wakes me up in the night.

The only thing they can do is remove my ovary/tube because it is the scar tissue that causes the pain. I have my next appoinment in december to see how I am getting on. I dont seem to be suffering much this cycle though fingers crossed so maybe giving everything a good move about in there helped?

xxx

o no! i hate hospitals specially A and E.

does sound similar to what im having, its just strange it came out of the blue. I can live with it its just quite stressful having a pain and not knowing what is causing it

Glad to hear your feeling better this month, hope the pain stays away!

xxx

Thanks hope you get sorted soon.

The scar tissue is just left over from when I had PID (pelvic imflamatory disease) after my MC.

DTD hurt alot sometimes too and I was worried that when we started trying I wouldnt be able to have sex.

It seems better since my op tho.

xxx

Hi,
Im just wondering if anyone here has had to have any gyne investigations for varies reasons?

The reason i ask is the past month and a half i have had a pain that comes and goes on the lower left side of my abdomen. I went to the docter last week who thought it was an ovarian cyst and reffered me to have an ultrasound. I had the ultrasound on friday whih showed that my ovaries and uterus were completely normal. So now iam confused as to what this pain could be.
The doctor didnt do an internal ultrasound either she just did a quick one on top, i thought the internal ones were the best way to get a picture of ur ovaries and tubes so iam confused as to why she didnt do one???

Those of you that have had things diagnosed what tests did you have done that helped with your conditions being diagnsed if you dont mind me asking? Iam now paranoid that im having an ectopic pregnancy or something!

Sorry for the essay lol!

xxx

I've had a few ultrasounds, both external and internal for ovarian cysts--two different cysts found on two different occasions. I then had a lap, and the cysts were gone, nothing else found.

I agree that if you are having pain and there is nothing showing on the U/S, you should investigate more. A lap is a day surgery typically and you'll be back on your feet after a few days taking it easy. My lap showed nothing, and at first I thought what a waste of time/energy/money to go through that, but ultimately it was worth it to know i didnt' have endo or other. I currently have a cyst but I worry less because I know what they are and I know they go away after a few months. I've had this current cyst about a month now and it's a dull achy pain on the lower left (lower than where i get O pains). I don't get ultrasounds anymore when I get cysts, as long as they go away and don't get too painful.

Take care

Hi, soz cant help myself but give medical advice on here! I scan ladies day in day out for this sort of thing. The most common reason i come acress for lower abdo pain that comes and goes is irritable bowel.
Other stuff to be considered is pelvic/urinary infection or endometriosis.

Its probably nothing to worry about!

Thanks for your comment, I dont think its IBS as i dont have any other symptoms of it at all or urinary infection. Luckily it seems to be easing off at the moment anyway :thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"