Had a bad accident

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Not been on for ages, but thought I'd update everyone on why I've been gone.

I had a bad horse riding accident. Fell off, and the horse kicked me with both back feet in the stomach and the impact caused a loud cracking sound in my back as I hit the ground. (I have horse shoe imprints and bruises now) Bump is perfect and apparently didn't notice the accident at all.

I was not fine. Broke my back (hairline fractures), compressed my spine, had internal bleeding and lots of muscle damage. For awhile i couldn't move my legs so we thought I was paralysed, but I'm now able to take steps with help. I'm doing a lot better, but still have a long way to go. I can sit for about 20mins, but can't yet dress myself, raise my arms, move independently, etc. There's no long lasting damage though, so now it's just a case of letting my body rest for a few weeks.

It was scary, for a long time. Some mornings I would wake up with blood on my sheets and be whisked down to ultrasound, where everything was confirmed as fine with the baby.

This was such a freak accident. I'm an experienced rider and had finished a schooling session and was getting off when the horse reared.

You take a lot of things for granted until you can't do them. I can't even sit up on my own, let alone use the toilet, brush my hair or simple little things like that. I have to rely on other people to care for me until I am stronger.

So I'm doing ok, much better than I have been. I realise a few people on BnB ride, so just a word of caution to stay safe and make sure someone is with you at all times.

I"m so sorry to hear that. I'm happy to hear that there is nothing lasting though. Will be thinking about you. I know it is hard to not be able to do anything, try to take it easy (boring, I always found) and relax. **Hugs**

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to read this, but glad bubs is ok and that you are on the mend. I wondered where you were! poor you! Sending you lots of healing vibes!

:hug:
Wow you poor thing! Glad LO is ok and you will mend as good as new......xx

:hugs: I hope you feel better and stronger soon. Glad to hear bubs is well too xXx

So glad you and LO are okay! Sendng speedy healing vibes in your direction!

oh my goodness I'm so sorry hun, I'm so your LO is OK and you are recovering - what a tough cookie! x x

:hug: So sorry to hear of your news. Happy that little one is ok and hoping that your recovery will be speedy!

OMG, so sorry to hear this hun! But glad that bubs is ok, and you are starting to get better.
Sending you lots and lots of positive, get well vibes.
xxx
:hug::hug::hug:

Wow, that is shocking! I will be keeping you in my thoughts, sounds like you have one tough LO in there! I hope you have a speedy recovery. :hugs:

I had been wondering where you were hun, gosh that is awful, glad to hear that bumpy is okay and that you are on your road to recovery :hugs:

How awful! Thank God LO is ok. I hope you get better very soon!!!

:hugs:
Your little one's a soldier, that's for damn sure!:( Try to be careful, you could've been paralyzed (or worse).. Soo glad there is no long lasting damage though.

Wow,So glad LO's got through it. And I hope you get better soon, x :hugs: x

gosh that sounds horrific darling:hugs: so glad you will recover and your baby is well, they are so well protected in there xxx

i broke my back a few years ago snowboarding, its pretty damn scary i know, but i was lucky like you and made a complete recovery and still go, i love it!!

get lots of rest, you sound pretty fit and so im sure your body will heal really soon xxx

p.s i remember the toilet problem - my OH had to wipe my arse for me for 6 weeks, now thats true love!!!!

all the best darling:hugs:

:hugs: sorry to hear about your accident, glad everything ok with bump,wishing you a speedy recovery :hugs:XXX

:shock: OMG you poor thing. i'm so glad your LO is ok and that you will be ok. mind yourself hun :hug::hug::hug::hug:

OMG, how horrendous!! So lucky that you are both alive and kicking (well nearly!!)
I wish you a speedy recovery :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"