Had a lap to removed endo, will clomid help even if I ovulate on my own?

jess214

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

A little background on me. I'm 27 DH is 32, we've been TTC since Aug 2010 but actively since Nov 2010. Found out this past Aug that I had a 5cm endomitrioma. Had a lap done Nov 2011 to remove it along with some spects of endo, I also had a dye test to check if my tubes were block, thankfully they were'nt. FS gave me a Rx for clomid which I am suppose to take with this coming cycle days 3-7.

Has anyone been through something like this? Doesn't clomid worsen endo? Worried that it's to soon after surgery....

i had been given clomid before i was diagnosed with endo - they found a mass on ultrasound but decided to give me a few months of clomid whilst watching it to see if it changed. when it didn't, they did a lap and dye and cystectomy, but this turned into a laparotomy. i had a 6cm endometrioma plus lots of other endo deposits and adhesions removed. they didn't want to give me clomid again (due to them not recommending it with endo) so gave me letrozole instead the second cycle after my surgery and i got pregnant that month :D so i was 4 weeks pregnant 9 weeks after my surgery ! good luck xx

Hiya I was thinking the same about clomid I was diagonosed 7 months ago and had alot of it lasered off...but still havnt falling preg :( in total have been trying 20months now...but they wont offer me anything they have just left me to it and have said the only option is ivf which is not avaliable for me for another year and a half!! whats letrozole? and also I ovulate normal! any advice would be brillant :D x

i had been given clomid before i was diagnosed with endo - they found a mass on ultrasound but decided to give me a few months of clomid whilst watching it to see if it changed. when it didn't, they did a lap and dye and cystectomy, but this turned into a laparotomy. i had a 6cm endometrioma plus lots of other endo deposits and adhesions removed. they didn't want to give me clomid again (due to them not recommending it with endo) so gave me letrozole instead the second cycle after my surgery and i got pregnant that month :D so i was 4 weeks pregnant 9 weeks after my surgery ! good luck xx

Congrats!!! that's great!...

I had an appt today and asked my FS about clomid and endo, she said it was perfectly fine...I start my first dose tonight. F'xed hopefully this is my month!

Hiya I was thinking the same about clomid I was diagonosed 7 months ago and had alot of it lasered off...but still havnt falling preg :( in total have been trying 20months now...but they wont offer me anything they have just left me to it and have said the only option is ivf which is not avaliable for me for another year and a half!! whats letrozole? and also I ovulate normal! any advice would be brillant :D x[/QU

Hello,

Why doesn't your doc want to offer you other options??? What about IUI...???

I was also thinking about the Letrozole....I;m going to google it now...

Im with Oxford hospital and they dont offer iui, the pct dont offer iuis in my area on nhs.....and ivf is from 30..or if you have been diagonosed with endro and have been trying for 3 years then you have to go on the waiting list...
They dont seem to want to do anything else as I am ovulating and consultant said clomid is misused and wont be offered if someone is ovulating.. but i cant see any harm in trying!

Im with Oxford hospital and they dont offer iui, the pct dont offer iuis in my area on nhs.....and ivf is from 30..or if you have been diagonosed with endro and have been trying for 3 years then you have to go on the waiting list...
They dont seem to want to do anything else as I am ovulating and consultant said clomid is misused and wont be offered if someone is ovulating.. but i cant see any harm in trying!

Wow...Thanks crazy! I ovuate on my own but my FS said that my eggs might not be maturing and so that's the reason why she put me on clomid. Why don't you seek another opinion...Maybe another FS will help you out...

My story is similar to yours I was ttc for years so I went to the gp who sent me to see a consultant. I had blood tests taken to see if I was ovulating which I was, a hsg and my tubes were unblocked and was given 6 months of clomid. When that didn't work I went back and was given another 4 months clomid and a date for a lap to be done in 4 months time if the clomid dint work. It didn't work so had the lap done and was diagnosed with endo and they removed what they could! Then they gave me another 4 months clomid but me and my partner split up. So when I got with my new partner and we started ttc I used the 4 months of clomid which again didn't work. So I went back again and was given another 6 months! I fell pregnant afta the 2nd cycle of those so still had 4 left. I've been ttc my 2nd now for about 5 months and I've used 3 of the 4 rounds left. Hoping it works this month because I don't want to be given it again, so guess I'm saying that yes it does help even if you do ovulate on your own, the reason they kept giving it me is because it makes you release more than one egg so you have more of a chance! It worked for me and hoping it works again for me x

I also have a similar story. DH and I had been trying to conceive for over a year, we went to RE to get testing done and when they did my ultrasound they found a big cyst which they though was a dermoid cyst. When I had my lap done they found stage III endo and removed everything. We also had the bad luck of finding out that my husband has very low morphology so that was not helping at all. I had my lap in Nov 2011 and we just did our first IUI this month which I am waiting for blood test results for but I am 99% sure i am not pregnant b\c AF is pretty much here. At first it was just spotting so i thought maybe I still had a chance. Anyway, I was on injectable meds for my IUI and not clomid so I'm not sure about how the clomid would affect the endo. I have heard lots of stories of people getting pregnant after the lap and they usually say that the next 6 months after is the best time. Good luck!

My consultant is saying Clomid does not help with people with endro, he said the endro thrives off the clomid and it can grow very quick while on it and when the nice guidelines came in to place that they tested it on endro patients and only 10 out of a 100 got preg on it and he said that was not enough people to proove it the clomid got that 10people pregnant or it was just there time to fall pregnant! Soooooo now im really bloody confused as everyone else I have spoken to have been offered it, and I would rather try it than just sit here and do nothing! Driving me insane now I got my hopes up soooo bad when I had the lap op,everyone was saying you have a good chance of fallening preg within six months but it never happened!!!! :( x

I got pregnant 7 months after my lap on clomid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->