had a rough night. :-(

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
like the title says,

i had a rough night lastnight.

joshua was waking ever hour and a half or so.

he wasnt wanting a bottle didnt need his nappy changed.
just waking for no reason.

its now getting to me that ive been up every 3-4 hours every night since he ws born.

hubby hasnt been up once with him.

ive had a really bad headache since last night and still got it now,even after taaking tablets.
ive got earache and am really really tired.

now trying to get him to sleep so i can catch up on sleep.

ive told hubby that i need help and hes promised he will help but the only thing is when joshua wakes up ill be awake and i cant see the point in both me and hubby being up when only one needs to be.

x

big :hug: i know how hard it is, my baby is the same and hes 17 weeks old im so fed up of never sleeping now hes up twice for feeds but he wakes every half hour through most of the night just grisling a bit xxx

I know how you feel huni I've got the same problem with Lewis......

He may wake up every 3 or 4 hours for a feed but it can take over 2 hours to feed, wind, change and settle him back down. Every time he's put back down in his moses basket he acts like he's hungry again, I offer him his bottle but he's not intrested, then before you know it it's almost time for his next feed :hissy:

I'm sorely tempted to give a dummy.....but that will be a last last last resort!!

It feels like I'm never gonna get to sleep again !!!

Even if OH gets up to tend to Joshua and you just get to stay in bed I think it'd really make a difference for you. I've started wacking Kurt in the back and saying in a very happy voice 'your son needs you!' and Kurt has just had to start doing it. I tend to wake up as Ally is stirring so I know it can be difficult to just hand over to OH but for your sanity and health I think you probably need to. Even if it's just for a night a week. Hope tonight is easier for you and you get to have a nice long nap today too.

get oh to take care of lo today and manage some naps...you need to catch up. hubby needs to do one of the weekend nights maybe? it's hard to ask them to do it in the week isn't it..when they're back at work. every night won't be like that for you. hugs and log off and get some shut eye!!

hubby is at work all weekend.

ive just had half an hour or so nap.
gonna try and get more through the day.

joshua has a dummy bur drops it so im up and down putting that baack in

Ally wouldn't keep his dummy in either but he's discovered his fists. His latest trick is seeing how much he can fit into his mouth. Maybe Joshua will be a fist (well thumb) baby instead. I know some people don't like that though. My OH works the weekends too and only has 1 day off during the week. The night before his day off I get him to take Ally to change him and warm his bottle then he brings him back upstairs and I feed him. Ally often doesn't settle when Kurt feeds him so it's just easier, but I don't move out of the bed and in the morning I feel a lot better. If Ally doesn't settle that night after his feed, I give him back to Kurt too. Anyway, hope you do get a bit more sleep.

my oh works nights which is a slight advantage!!

ive had a few real bad nights like this and its good cos OH will come in at 6am and take over for a few hours...

tinylo... totally get what you mean about feeding and winding and changing and then its time to do it all again :)

Shes fast asleep at the mo :yipee: could sleep but I have washing up, cleaning and clothes washing to do... not to mention need to have a shower....

sunday mornings... OH goes to football :(

Bloody football! Mark plays football 3 evenings a week and sunday morning. He's not playing today as he crackd his head open playing in the week- so he's still in bed! I actually everything a whole lot easier when he's not around!!

like the title says,

i had a rough night lastnight.

joshua was waking ever hour and a half or so.

he wasnt wanting a bottle didnt need his nappy changed.
just waking for no reason.

its now getting to me that ive been up every 3-4 hours every night since he ws born.

hubby hasnt been up once with him.

ive had a really bad headache since last night and still got it now,even after taaking tablets.
ive got earache and am really really tired.

now trying to get him to sleep so i can catch up on sleep.

ive told hubby that i need help and hes promised he will help but the only thing is when joshua wakes up ill be awake and i cant see the point in both me and hubby being up when only one needs to be.

x

maybe its because he had wind? lucy does that too sometimes il feed her change her and put her back to bed then she'l start grisaling (sp) and il have to get her back out again to wind her that little bit more then shes fine. ive been lucky this past 4 nights shes had her last feed at 1.30am and put her back to bed at around 2.30 then she hasnt been waking till 9/10am!!!:happydance:

Bloody football! Mark plays football 3 evenings a week and sunday morning. He's not playing today as he crackd his head open playing in the week- so he's still in bed! I actually everything a whole lot easier when he's not around!!
i know what you mean!!
how can i manage breakfast in the week when he's at work, but i've not managed breakfast this weekend when he's not at work...???????

luckily its only sunday mornings... would piss me right off if it was in the week too!! Think my OH's team is just lazy lol!!

Look at me.... shes sleeping and Im still on the comp!! :rofl:

joshua usually has a bottle at 7ish then doesnt wake up until 2am then has another bottle at 5am ish then every 3 hours.

but last night he had 7oz at 7 (usually has 5oz) then he woke at 11 for a feed then it was every hour and a half or so after that.

when hes in his routine he has a bottle at 7ish then sleeps for about 7 or 8 hours,i just wish he would have his last bottle at 10ish so then he sleeps until 5-6ish.

Ditto!! Shes fast asleep on the sofa so I'm typing away, ought to be getting dressed or cleaning etc, but I'm having some 'me time'. If Mark can stay in bed then why cant I chat on here!

joshua usually has a bottle at 7ish then doesnt wake up until 2am then has another bottle at 5am ish then every 3 hours.

but last night he had 7oz at 7 (usually has 5oz) then he woke at 11 for a feed then it was every hour and a half or so after that.

when hes in his routine he has a bottle at 7ish then sleeps for about 7 or 8 hours,i just wish he would have his last bottle at 10ish so then he sleeps until 5-6ish.

its probably a growth spurt hun... and wont last :hugs:

i thought I had cracked it... wed and thurs night... courtney had bottle at 9-10 and didnt wake till 3am... then went straight back after!!

friday night she was constantly wanting cuddles and food!

I stopped thinking that a routine exists, I only get upset when it goes to pot. With growth spurts etc nothing makes sense.

my oh works in the week so he doesnt do any night feeds and never has, i find it difficult to watch him strugging with mr t as hes such a mommys boy already but the rule for us is..i do all week, he does his feed and bum change etc when he comes home from work and he does him sun morning and i stay in bed til hollyoaks omnibus comes on so i get at least 3 hours on a sun mornin..my god it makes such a difference!!

h x

mine plays 2 nights a week and sunday mornings , men and football :hissy: lol xxx

Football isnt the big issue in my house.....its the hour and a half weight training he goes for 7 days a week! (everyday after work so gets back around 7-7.30pm and weekends around 10am so if we are going out i have to sort the 3 kids etc and he ambles home then oh its lunchtime!)

Off track there sorry i was meant to be posting this.....
The dummy thing-apparantly babies have like a sucking fix (only way i can describe it) they will only suck for about5-8 minutes when going to sleep then they will spit it out then chomp on wrist/hand/fingers/sleeve whatever (which looks like they are looking for dum dum) but they are not,apparantly the trouble starts when the parents then try to put the dummy inover and over again hence stirring baby more. I thought it was nonsense until i watched Tabs a few times and yes she spits it out then will grumble for a few mins then nod off again. If she is grumbling more and more i block her vision out.....put your hand in front of her field of vision about a inch or so away so not touching then nothing can stimulate them again.

As for the timings etc.....Tabs generally goes to sleep at around 7pm then just before we go to bed i top her up....it could be 1,2 or 3oz but it helps keep her going until about 4am

hope some of this is relevent and might help :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->