• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had a Scare

Jen_xx

Bun in the Oven
Reaction score
DB and I had a night alone Saturday, and it was amazing just to get away. No kids, just us. Well when we got home around 1AM I went to the restroom and noticed I was bleeding. Not just a spot of blood, but enough to flood the paper, and fill the toilet. I jumped up, grabbed my doppler and searched for LO's heartbeat. It was low but there. So we rushed to the ER. I am in tears at this point. :cry: They get me into a room, have me go give a urine sample, and it's nothing but blood. Now I am having a nervous breakdown. DB and I just sat there and cried.

The nurse came in and checked for the heartbeat, after about 15 minutes she finally finds it. 155 BPM. They rush to do an US, and there is our princess, healthy and bouncing around. Measuring 18+1, and looking very much ALIVE! :cloud9:

This was definitely a terrifying experience, but the Dr, explained to me it does happen. They couldn't give me an actual reason for the bleeding. They didn't see anything specific that could have caused it. I am so thankful everything was alright.

I am sharing cause I know how scary situations can be. And some of the scariest ones can end up being normal occurrences during pregnancy. :hugs:

How scary that must have been for you! I had a little spotting when I was around 20 weeks and that scared me so can't imagine how scary a big bleed was! So glad to hear your baby is going perfectly x

Glad everything is ok hun! I've had a couple of bleeds so far this pregnancy and my doctor said sometimes it just happens as well! We've got a pair of little divas already :haha: xxx

She was definitely showing her sass! I just hope she saves it until she's here with us. Lol

Wow poor you, so glad everything is ok.

Xxx

Yikes that is very frightening. Glad your little one is ok!

Any idea on what caused it? Low lying placenta? So glad you're doing ok and baby's excellent!

That must have been so scary. Glad everything was ok :hugs:

Glad everything was ok, can't imagine how scary that must have been, x

Any idea on what caused it? Low lying placenta? So glad you're doing ok and baby's excellent!

They couldn't give any real answers. Said everything looked fine on the scan. HB was nice and strong. No real answers other than "a lot of factors could have played a part." We did walk a lot that night, and we BD'd earlier that day. But for that amount of blood I'd have never imagined BD'ing could have caused it.

I meet with my OB tomorrow. So we will see what she says as well.

I had unexplained bleeding around 20 weeks with my daughter...sooo very scary, I feel for you, glad you're doing fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->