Had awful pains sat eve :(

Ashlee B x

Teejay N Kaycie
Reaction score
I suffer with IBS anyway so i no the signs when i get an attack, so me n OH was just sittin on the sofa watching telly and chattin away, id got a lil peckish so peeled n munched on 2 carrots haha. shortly after that i started getting what i thought were braxton hicks, and then baby wud keep fidgeting like non stop for agess. And then i got these almighty pains, my god it made me shout out f**k my belly went rock hard, lasted bout 30 seconds, so i thought - great too many carrots set off my IBS :( usually after 2 of those pains, i gota go :haha: but after i got 2 i had no urge to go, then i got another n another until i realized i had had about 8 or 9, each lasting around 30 seconds and bein about 1-2 mins apart, i thought 'i no these pains' they felt like contractions :nope: which is the last thing i wanted. so i thought i would just take myself off to the loo, see wot happens. well not much really TMI sorry lol. then i started gettin all hot like i was gona be sick. after 15 mins on loo without success and 2 more pains i went back downstairs and laid on the sofa rest of the eve and was just having mild cramping.
So did i have some sort of bug thing? was it the walking around that helped ease my pains? i really have no idea what happened but woke up the next day feeling completely fine. if it had lasted any longer i would have called MW but didnt wana panick myself :dohh:

Anyone else had this or no what it could have been??:flower:

I've been gettin this on and off since 16 weeks I'm now 20 weeks!! Everyone saying it braxton hicks but I have no idea!! Glad u ok thou and sorrynim not much help but ur not on ur own x

I had 6 of those about 7 minutes apart and called my doctor's emergency line. You should call if more than 4 in an hour say the books, 6 or more in an hour said my hospital. I was in the hospital after those 6 contractions getting medication to hopefully stop them and have been on bedrest since. It may be fine, but do get checked if it happens again! It's dangerous.

I'd mention it to your MW maybe either way? Just to be safe? Better to be safe than sorry <3 glad you're feeling better now honey xxx

Sounds the same as what happened to me on Sat evening, started about 10.30pm and felt just like early contractions. I've been getting Braxton Hicks since very early and they don't hurt so I'm sure it wasn't that, these were eye watering. Mine went on for 1.5 hours and had about 10 of them so called the labour ward, sorry TMI but after about 45 mins I also had a really upset stomach, they said take a paracetamol and call back if they haven't stopped. Almost straight after that they just stopped and my stomach settled right down... no idea what it was but it was very frightening. Going to see my MW on Weds just in case.... might be worth you doing the same, its always best to check :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->