Had bloody show, irregular contractions

lindblum

3 girls + 1 on the way
Reaction score
I've been having contractions on and off for the last two weeks. This morning I had a bloody show and thought the end was in sight. I'm having painful contractions but not regular. I've had enough of my body tricking me into thinking I'm in Labour! Ugh...

*hugs* That stinks!! I had similar experiences with DS1 :hugs: I SWORE I was going to walk and walk until that baby was ready to be born lol. (I ended up giving up on that, decided I didn't wanna be exausted when it came time to deliver lol)

I've spent the whole day walking in circles trying to help things along, I've ended up with sore bum and hips!

I know the feeling ... After preterm labour being stopped at 34 weeks (thank goodness) I expected baby to pop out as soon as the meds were stopped ... Not so. Lots of false starts, mucous, shows etc and still no baby :haha:

At least you know with having had your bloody show that your baby will be here in a matter of hours! <3 How exciting, good luck!

I've been wondering about contractions myself. It seems any time I do significant walking (e.g. Further than from my couch to washroom lol) I start getting contractions. Any idea if these are just normal Braxton-hicks or due to some sort of dehydration ( I do drink a lot of water but maybe with the effort of walking I need more?) sometimes they continue for awhile after I sit down but normally they stop within an hour. I am going to ask my midwife at my next appointment but since I saw the thread I thought I'd put this question out there.

I'm guessing since you had your show that they'll regulate very soon. Good luck :hugs:

sippy - definatly ask your midwife about it, but it very well could be braxton hicks. Typically BH contractions won't have any pattern to them but typically they also don't get worse with movement. (but mine do...)

Thanks ladies, contractions got a bit intense then completely stopped, I even managed to sleep!

Sippy, I don't know if it's the same for everyone but with me real contractions are period cramps, tightening, low back ache at same time. With bh, only tightenings, sometimes with period like cramps.

Thanks ladies! Lindblum I hope your time is near!! Keep us posted :)

3rd day since the show and I'm still having irregular contractions and lots more bloody gunk. But no baby &#128557;

Awww I'm sorry Hun you must be miserable:hugs: hang in there! Maybe the rest of the plug needed to come out before anything could happen. Won't be longer now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->