Had emergency ultrasound and have questions?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
Today I had an ultrasound as well as other tests after having cramping and bleeding on and off. My LMP was 6w1d ago and today my hcg level was 27,000. They saw a yolk sack on the ultrasound and I also heard the heart beat, which I was shocked because I didn't know I would be able to hear it this soon. I was hoping to find out how far along I am more precisely because I like following the baby's development online but the ultrasound tech and radiologists said I'm about 6w1d.. I know it's not possible for the baby to measure the same as my LMP lol also i feel like my hcg is super high? I'm so happy though that everything seems okay! Have to follow up next week

That sounds right then! They start counting on CD 1, so by the time you ovulate in a regular 28 day cycle you are 2 weeks pregnant already. The day af is supposed to arrive you are 4 weeks. Obviously it changes if your cycles are longer or shorter! Congrats on a great ultrasound!!

Sounds good! I'm glad you went in the end and everything was fine, and you got to hear the HB!!! How exciting :)
I think it's fine that the dates matched up perfectly. Usually women complain that the US was a day or two off! It's nothing to worry about, maybe you're dates are slightly off ;)
HCG at 6 weeks is less important. After there's a nice HB I don't know why that would matter.

Sounds good to me. Glad everything is ok and congratulations :)

If your lmp was 6w1d ago and your baby is measuring 6w1d, then you are spot on. When you look online at development, they are also going by a woman's lmp so you should be able to look at 6week development online and know that's what's going on in your body too. Congratulations! (and your hcg is not really important once they see a hb, but to answer your question regarding your hcg being high, I don't think so. Mine was 18,762 at 4w6d)

I have just heard of a lot of ladies going in for ultrasounds early and they think they are 6ish weeks but then the ultrasound says they are only 4, which I'm assuming is counting from conception?? I have no idea when I ovulated but I have 31 day cycles and my LMP was march 20-25 and we BD the 27th and 4-10 of April and I got my bfp on April 15th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->