Had hsg now the waiting game

Babymaking2

Reaction score
I had my hsg yesterday and now waiting to get my positive opk. The hsg it's self was not bad at all. My tubes are clear although one was slower to spill so I'm hoping that was some gunk getting cleared out. I have been ttc for 18 months now. I have a little girl already who is almost 3 and I had no problems conceiving her. Any experiences from any one else would be great.

oh wow, if I am not pregnant this cycle - I'm getting that done after my next period. Following!!

hello there!!! i had a HyCosy yesterday which is very similar!!
I am cd11 but dont normally ov until about cd20..
really hoping that this is our month!!! best of luck to you:thumbup:

Good luck to you too. I feel like the whole of my life is in hold until I get my bfp.

You should defo find out about having one as it does let you know if your tubes or womb are ok.

I've got one in April- not looking forward to it.

Try not to worry about it, I personally think a smear is more uncomfortable.

I'm in the same boat as you, Babymaking2. I just had my HSG done on March 10. It was not a very fun procedure, however, I'm glad that I had it done. I typically over-research any medical procedure that I have to get done or test results that I receive, but I had gotten to the point where doing that was driving me crazy (and I already felt crazy enough with the whole TTC thing). Anyway, when my doctor ordered the HSG and simply described it as an x-ray with dyes, I figured that the test sounded pretty painless, and opted not to look into it more. I started taking antibiotics before the procedure and took ibuprofen about an hour before the test, but I really was not prepared. I felt like the HSG was more invasive than a pap smear. I had to lay down on a table under a screen with my legs in a frog position before the radiologist inserted a speculum and a catheter in me - both of which were awkward, but not painful. When he inserted a balloon, I had some minor cramping, but it was completely bearable. It wasn't until he injected the dye that I felt pain (it was pretty intense for about two minutes). One of my tubes filled up immediately, but the other was pretty slow to spill over and fill up. The pain that I was feeling was most likely due to some debris or a partial blockage that the dye had to clear out. Fortunately, the dye was able to get past whatever I had going on in there, and spilled over into both of my tubes. The pain subsided after the doctor stopped injecting the dye, and I was able to walk back to work afterward (I work on a medical campus). So, while I found the test to be rather unpleasant and painful, the pain did not last very long, and I was very pleased with the outcome. Yes, I'll be happier if it leads to a BFP, but for the time being, it gives me a piece of mind to know that I now have clear tubes and a normal size and positioned uterus.

Recommendation: bring your own pad to the test with you. I didn't, and the one that the hospital provided me with was ridiculously long - it spilled out both the front and back sides of my underwear.

Hey there
i also just had my HSG yesterday. Mine on the other hand was very painful. My fertile window starts tomorrow so I am hoping to feel better by then. It is all a waiting game a this point. ;)
I will be starting Clomid on my next cycle

Hi. I also had my hcg shot 4 days ago. I was checked by my gyn two days before my shot and 3 days after my shot. She said that my ovulation was over so she is hoping that things will go well. I had a pregnyl shot. I am really nervous now. I don't know what to expect. I have been doing yoga for feetility and even pressure points for feetility so i really hope i will get a BFP. I know I should think positive and not to worry but somehow, after several attempts, I have been getting nevous as my period approaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->