Had MW appointment today.......

Tam

Mum of 2 - PG with No.3
Reaction score
Well, after waiting 2HRS!!!! We finally got in to see her and she was lovely, really nice...........

I hadn't had my booking in bloods done so she did them straight away, then blood pressure which was fine as was Urine sample (which is a frst, YAY).

I then layed on the couch as she wanted to try for fetal heartbeat and to measure the fundal height.................we heard the heartbeat, which was ACE!!!! Paul thinks it sounded like a train, but I didn't hear any whistles :wink: so that was good, fundal height was 17cm, so measured for 17 weeks, but that is normal, even tho I am 16 wks, you give or take 2cm!

Then I asked about a pain I have had in my groin for a while now and it turns out it is something to do with the ligaments and the pelvis, don't as me what it's called, I have problems remembering all of these problems :roll: so I have to go off to my GP for a Physio referal!

Anyway the way I see it is, I don't care how bad the pregnancy is, it will be worth it in the end, and I am really keeping my fingers crossed for an easy birth as compensation :wink:

And to top it all, I am sure I can feel baby rolling now for sure :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Well thats it from me, next appoinment is my 20 wk scan on the 16th Oct, the the MW & Consultant at 28 weeks!

Anyone else had or got any appointments coming up? xx

Hi there. My next appt is 22.09.06, have 2nd scan. We're hoping to find out what it is, so long as bubs is cooperative. Then I have consultants appt 10.01.07. Had emergency section last time around so they're keeping an eye on me, how blooming irritating!! But I'll put up with going backwards & forwards here & there. So long as I give birth naturally I gon't care. Another section isnt on my cards that's for sure. :D :)

Ohhh as soon as you find out what you are having you have to tell us!!! Oh I hope baby co-operates for you!

Good Luck with all of your appointments hun xx

I had my MW appointment on wednesday! She was really nice aswell. She wants me to go for a dating scan if they will let me have one! LO is not on the side it should be either so MW had trouble finding the HB! Its so nice to hear it for the first time and that wave of relief is such a wonderful feeling! :lol:

Awwwwwww!! Glad your MW is nice......is is nasty when you get a rough one :(

So when will you find out about your dating scan hun?

It is a real relief and an amazing feeling hearing LO heartbeat isn't it!

Relief isnt the word! lol I giggled my lil head off!! I go to the clinic in 2 weeks to get the results of my bloods so hopefully she will tell me then unless they send me for a dating scan in which case ill find out this week! Its all confuzzleing! :lol:

Im glad shes nice, i cant imagine what it would be like if she wasnt! I dont suppose id be happy at all! :twisted:

my next appt is the 11th of october. i just had one on the 13th of sept. had to do my glucose test. not too bad. :) measured 28 weeks (was 26w2d when I went in). heartrate was good. everything was wonderful. :)
glad you had a nice visit. always reassuring!

Ohh cool!! hun......you are nearly in the 3rd trimester :( but good on another note, that much further to seeing LO :wink:

Glad your appoinment went well for you babe, look forward to seeing how your next ones goes! xx

i wasnt to impressed with my midwife she didnt really seem bothered i asked her if she was checking babys heart beat as they should do and she said she cant as she doesnt have the equipment for that how crappy did i feel it had been a month and i never got to hear it, its a good job i feel baby moving

Awwwww hun it is such a shame there are some MW out there like that.........they have to realise how concerned and excited we are, and they should be able to offer such a simple service to you!!!

I hope you get to see a different and nicer one next time babe xx

thanks luckily i chose to have joint care with the hospital so i get my full check up with them, think i will invest in one of those baby listening things

had midwife on friday all good and am measuring slightly bigger than i should be 28 weeks!! :shock: . Im lucky ive got a really nice mw and i have shared care with a consultant. Next app on wed for test for diabeties so hoping that goes well and foetal scan on 2/10 . LOADS OF APPS but i least i know baba is doing well :D

i had mine on the 13th dont go now till 4th oct she wanted to leave me more than 4 weeks inbetween appointments, she said 6-7 wks its only cos i moaned that was to long she will see me sooner i think i need to change doctors mine is poo now

Glad most of us seem to have good or OK MW, if I was you Sharon, i wthink I would change :(

Good Luck on your next appointments girls! xx

I have the clinic on friday to see what my results are from the blood tests! Hopefully she will let me hear bubs again as i giggled loads last time! :oops:

aww good luck tam what are you hoping for
this time around i would like a girl so i feel totaly different carrying this one to what i did with my little boy so i hope im carrying a girl good luck let us know what you are having spunky xxx

Hi babe,

I would also like a girl, we already have a girl but she is a tomboy, so would be nice to have a girly girl :lol:

Throwing you loads of pink baby dust babe :dust: :pink: :pink: :pink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->