Had my baby boy. Birth story and pics ~~LONG~~

giggly_gurl88

Reaction score
I had my baby boy 10/25/2011 at 2:55 pm Here is my detailed birth story

I went to the hospital on 10/24/2011 as I had been having really bad contractions for about 2 hours. Once I got to the hospital the contractions had pretty much gone away but since I was already there and had already spoken with the dr I just decided to go ahead and get checked. I was contracting on my own just not as much as earlier but I was still only one cm dilated when the nurse came in to check me. Well about 30 mins later the dr comes in and checks me and does a very rough "pelvic exam" where I am assuming he was stripping me and he says "oh you are 3 cm so you are staying" He proceded to tell me that I would not be leaving without a baby. He said he was going to have me walk for an hour and then he would re check me and decide if he wanted to break my water or start pitocin. I walked for an hour and then they let me relax for an hour and started an iv. I was already contracting on my own and was in pain so I was given Nubain. The contractions were painful and 4 minutes apart on their own but the dr wanted to get the contractions to 2-3 minutes apart so they were ready to start pitocin. Then they decided that baby was not having enough accelerations so they could not start the pitocin until the Nubain wore off, so basically I would no longer be allowed to have anymore pain meds until he was stable. They waited for the pain meds to get out of my system and then they started the pitocin. At this time the contractions were very strong and every minute and making me feel very sick. I asked for nausea meds but they said I could not have anything that would make him tired because they needed him to wake up. So I was in labor, on my own and couldnt have pain meds.. and it sucked.

The dr then came in to check me before he changed shifts and I was 4 cm dilated so he broke my water and the contractions were coming so strong now. I waited until I could no longer take the pain and asked for the epidural. The nurse checked me first and I was 6 cm so they got the orders for the epidural and got me prepped. I got the epidural but it DIDNT EVEN WORK!! The anthseiologist came in 3 times to fix it but it would only work for about 10 minutes at a time and then after that all it would do was COMPLETELY numb my legs. I was feeling sick, the pain was terrible and there was nothing that could be done.

The nurse kept checking me and I was slowly dilating about 1cm every 30 mins and when I hit 8 cm the nurse stayed with me as the pain was getting terrible and I kept gagging like I was going to vomit. Finally when I was like 9cm - almost ten except rim she has me start pushing. And this is where it all went to hell. I started pushing to try and bring him down because he was still pretty high at this point. I kept pushing to push him down and finally he was down far enough that I could start pushing for real. I started pushing and and the pain was getting so bad, the contractions were coming back to back with basically no break. In between contractions I was crying real tears that I couldnt do it anymore. I was sobbing and the dr was actually yelling at me telling me to get myself under control as I am sitting there trying to push out a baby with no pain meds. She kept having me work harder to get him past the rim that was left of my cervix. Finally after pushing and crying that I could not do it, I got him low enough to the point that she could help by using the vacuum. She used the Vacuum and after about 5 good pushes he was out and I was relieved. He was a Healthy 9pounds 13 ounces and 22 inches long and as you can see from the pictures he is absolutely handsome
:)

Attachments

• IMAG0449.jpg
    IMAG0449.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0457.jpg
    IMAG0457.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0459.jpg
    IMAG0459.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 79
He's such a cutie!! Well done. Hope you are getting some much deserved rest. :thumbup:

woohoo welcome to the world finally little one! congratulations :)

wow he is absolutly handsom lol great job! good size to wow im envy you doing that without pain meds!

Congrats!!! You did way better than me when I had my last without an epidural. You did great! :flower:

Congratulations!!! I LOVE the "All right, Mom; enough pictures already!" on his face, already. He looks like he's gonna be a very fun kid. lol

Congrats! I totally sympathize with you because with my first I pushed for an hour and a half on pitocin and with no epidural. PITOCIN SUCKS!!! Your little man is adorable...enjoy him :)

Congratulations! :flower: I love his chubby cheeks! Very cute :D

Congratulations, great weight!
Hope you and baby are doing well :D

congrats
so happy for you
how are things at home
xx

Congratulations - love the pics, he's gorgeous.

congrats
so happy for you
how are things at home
xx

Not home yet hun. We will be going home this evening after we have both been checked by our drs though. All is well so far so good thanks.

congratulations - sounds like really hard work but you did great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->