Had my 'Brain' referal!

hypnorm

Reaction score
Well had my Referal today, went well.
Consultant was running EARLY! so I got seen at 5 to 4!! very nice chap Dr. Hanesh. Went through my history and asked various questions, i'd had an eye test this week which said my vision was fine and no problems with my field of vision.
so he is sending me for an MRI, but he said he expects not to see very much as it would be less than 1cm in size a microprolactinoma. He is starting me on Bromocriptine which will stop the production of prolactin, which should make me fertile again, he said i may catch very quickly. If I do get pregnant then there should be no problem I will stop the tablets, and have a normal pregnancy and there is a chance that I may not need the tables after the pregnancy, but I will need to be monitored.

He wants me back in 4 months, and another blood test in 9 weeks,

It may take me afew weeks to get used to the meds and cause me to feel ill for a while.

Tom said to him 'you don't seem concerned' the dr. replied no there is no need to be concerned, you can lead a normal life, but it will probably remain there in the back ground.

So all in all quite positive. My mum is worn out! after looking after Ewan!!

Thanks for every ones support, i still have a brain tumour, just a very small one!

Glad to hear you had a positive appointment xXx

I am glad the news was as good as it could be in the circumstances. Good Luck, Cnadice xx

So pleased it went well :hugs:

Well done lovely, glad that you are okay xx

Very glad to hear your appointment went well. The doctor sounds very nice. :hugs:

Blimey hun I think I missed a post :|

I am glad to see a positive outcome from this appointment though :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"