had my consultant app yesterday

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
yesterday i had my first consultants appointment (this pregnancy) i was meant to have it around 16 weeks but i got forgot about lol!! everything went as well as it could i guess, my midwife had put me high risk so i had to speak to the consultant to see if he would let me give birth in the midwife led unit because i really wanted to but you cant if high risk and consultant says no, at first he said yes it was ok because my problems were curvature of the spine but i hadnt had a problem with brendan giving birth, but then he spoke to my mum about the blood clots she had had and asked if it was just her or any others in my family had them, and she told him my aunt has to so he decided its to risky and i cant give birth in midwife led unit :( but better to be safe i guess! there was also high risk because my mum had pre eclampsia in pregnancies and also because shes had 2 heart attacks lol my poor mum had everything wrong with her! but other than that all was well, babies hb fine, my bp fine, measuring 28cm at 27weeks and baby is head down, but im sure he will flip a few times yet lol

I'm glad you managed to make it to this appointment!!:hug:
Well, it's not all bad about your appointment hun. I know it's disappointing that you can't go the midwife lead unit, but you'll be in the safest place. I'm sure all will go well once you're there.

Aww, sorry you didn't get the news you had hoped for. I really wanted to go in the midwife unit too, but I don't know if they will let me now, because bubs is large.
Great news that everything else is good though, and that all is well with bubs.
xx

sorry you can't go to the midwife unit but sounds like the consultant is doing a good job!

Glad all is ok. Its a shame you cant deliver where you want to, but on the positive at least u know you and LO will be getting the care you need :D

Take Care xx

Sorry your not able to give birth in the birthing centre but its better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy and birth go smoothly without any problems x

Glad everything is okay. And you're right you are better off safe than sorry and give birth in CDU. x

Sorry to hear you didn't get the news you'd have liked :hugs: But im sre things will be fine anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->