Had my girl bit of a trauma

jess_smurf

Angel Kristian & Olivia
Reaction score
Well I went into hospital on monday for my induction it got a bit busy in delivery so ended up with pessaries but not every 6 hrs like they are supposed to. they were also worried about cord prolapse becasue of the excess fluid so was worried as anything

Wednesday - 8 am went down for 3rd pessary to find was 3cm dialated ans she broke my waters it was such a shock i didnt expect it at all ( was on gas and air when they did it) as soon as my waters broke my contractions started coming every 3-4 mins started on the gas and air and it got really painful, it got tp the point where i was begging for an epidural, is something i really didnt want to do at all but i was in so much pain and her heart was racing too as i was struggling, they got the anethetist in but he struggled as the contractions were about 1 min apart and i was 5 cam dialated.

aaah the relief was instant and amazing, were laughing after as i said how did women in medievil times cope i had absolutely no paon and tbh would recommend it anyone and agony as its not worth trying to be a warrior

got to 1.30pm and kept feeling pressure in my bum so told mw who checked and I was 10 cm dialated !!! i said to my OH she will be here by 3pm i tell you

I still had some feeling so was able to start pushing where we started getting decelerations so they asked me to stop they had to make as small cut on her head to check her oxygen levels in her blood and they were normal, so continued to push, not feeling a thing. then she started to get decelerations again. so the repeated the fetal blood test and was below normal and showed she was struggling. the consultant decided to take me in for a section. they asked me to keep pushing as she was nearly here and could see her head and while they sorted everything out to keep pushing.

then all of a sudden I had started to feel contractions again and they were on top of each other i had about 15 people in the room from midwives to surgeons to consultants and peadiatricians. SOMEONE HAD KNOCKED OUT MY EPIDURAL LEAD OUT !! I was in agony and had to use to the gas and air constantly they were making me drink stuff as sign stuff i didnt know what was going on they then wheeled me in to theatre and topped up my epidural.

My OH couldnt come in as felt really faint they quickly got her out, no pain at all just a bit as the washing up feeling and tugging. I started to panic at this point and said the aneathetist she isnt crying he kept saying it takes a while i was really upset felt like a lifetime and said she still isnt crying he said just wait then that cry OMG was a relief i was so happy, he just kept saying can your hear her !!

My OH was in recovery with her and asked them to get my mum to go down while they stitched me up. they wheeled me in and had some skin to skin with her and then got taken to the ward

That evening she had problems keeping her blood sugars up and ended up in SCBU for a few days until she picked herself up

sorry for the long birth story and a few picture of her, I am so happy and proud and so happy that Kristian looked after us for the last year

Love both my babies so much, she is the double of him xx

ETA: she was 9lb 1oz born 9th June at 14:53 55cm xx

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 83
  • oliviascbu.jpg
    oliviascbu.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 87
  • olivia.jpg
    olivia.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 73
she is gorgeous hun....congrats!!!!! so happy for you xxx

CONGRATULATIONS. Olivia is gorgeous well done.

Oh hun, big :hugs: for you, baby Olivia is just prefect, well done you x

Well done ,Olivia is just adorable and wow a big girl too. Bet you are so proud!!

Many congrats, so pleased for you xxxx

what an eventful time! well done, she is absolutely gorgeous xxxx

So blissfully happy for you guys!!!! Well done sweetie, and congratulations xox

Congratulations Jess!! Im so glad everything turned out well :hugs:

Congratulations on your baby girl, glad everything turned out ok, glad your both ok x

Ahhh, well done my darling you must be on :cloud9:

She is so beautiful!

Whats her name and how much did she weigh? Details honey! .....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

congratulations and thanks for taking the time to post. She is beautiful, wishing you all the best as a new mummy. x

She is gorgeous and looks so much like her big brother Kristian. Congrats to you all. My DD2, Lily-Mae looked the spitting image of her big sister Emily Rose, my Angel when she was born as well xxxx

congratulations she is absolutly beautiful, reading your story almost brought a tear to my eye, so has got the best guardian angel :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->