• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had my scan, a few questions...

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
Hi :) so i had a second scan today after me worrying about disappearing symptoms...
Last week i had a scan at 7+2 with a healthy heartbeat, today i had a scan and i was supposed to be 8+2 but only measuring 8weeks? it has grown from 11mm to 17mm in one week and had a heart rate of 178bpm.

My questions are, should i be concerned that it's 2 days off from last time?- i know sometimes it can because of the ultrasound tech not being able to accurately calculate or because babies grow at different speeds but it still concerns me, can someone just reassure me this is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about?

and also is 178bpm good for a heart beat at 8 weeks.....

Also should i keep my original dates or stick with the new ultrasound one?

Thanks

Hey I don't really know much about scans that early, but I wouldn't really worry about 2 says :) will you get a 12 week scan? As that's usually the one where you get the dates to go by, but tbh I've never known anyone to have a scan so early... I just went by the dates worked out by the first day of my last period :) glad your baby's doing fine btw :) I'm sure if any of the stuff was cause for concern they would've mentioned it

Hi there :) First off you have nothing to worry about :) Baby can always measure a little smaller, or even bigger. They always grow at different speeds, at my nuchal scan my bub measured 2 days ahead, so that small gap of difference is nothing of concern.
Anything between I think 120-180 BPM is normal around this time aswell :)
My midwife has so far kept my original dates, even though the last scan showed I was two days further along? So i'm not sure maybe you should keep your original dates too? All I know is LO will probably never measure the same :haha: so i'll just stick with the first :)
I know it's so hard not to worry about everything but try not to :flower: baby sounds perfectly healthy to me!

I had a scan around 8 weeks. My LO's heartbeat was near what your's is, so I would say that it's fine. :) It just depends on what they're doing at the time too I think. Also I wouldn't worry over the growth if no one expressed any concerns. You're right that every baby grows differently, so try not to stress too much (even though it's so difficult not to!). I'd wait until your 12 week scan if you're having one to get a more accurate date and confirm one or the other.

Hey sweetie, scans can be over or under 5 days as matter of default, equipment, rate of growth, catching LO right before a big growth spurt! So it doesn't change anything at all :) hope this helps! :flower: :hugs:

2 days is absolutely nothing. It's nothing to worry about. At my midwife office they don't adjust anything unless its 1 week+ difference. They will call you in anything seemed wrong with the scan, but if anything was seriously wrong they would have had you meet your midwife/OB on the spot.

Due dates are just an estimate, there is no way to get an exact 100 percent accurate answer. It does vary off of the size of your bean. My DS was put ahead 1.5 weeks because he was small in size at first but ended up being a 8 lbs 3 oz baby. So your bean may just need some extra time to catch up. You can go by whatever due date you like best, 2 days is not much of a difference at all.

I would not worry at all! That is a very good heart beat, and no baby is exactly the same, that's like saying every baby is going to come out 7 lbs and 20in long. Sometime my baby measure behind a couple days, and next time it went through a growth spurt and is measuring ahead. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->