had my sweep

I've got another booked for Friday! Been cleaning my floors this morning.... Come on babies xxx

Stalking this thread as got mine booked a week today. X

Just back from midwife there. She has NO IDEA why my baby isn't here yet! I'm 2-3cm dilated and fully effaced. She done another sweep which was sore! So much worse than last week although it was a different midwife as mine is on holiday. It wasn't until I saw this particular midwife today that I realised just how crap my usual midwife is! I've never really rated her and have posted a few threads here before on how I found her condescending and patronising. I don't like putting people down in their profession but I've no idea why she's a midwife!

Anyway, the midwife I saw today was so much more thorough with everything. She properly spoke me through the induction process whereas my usual midwife last week just told me the time and date and what ward to go. Perhaps I should have asked more last week but I honestly learn more from this forum than from her!

She also said I've to have lots of sex with OH tonight which made me chuckle. She was being deadly serious but I didn't really know where to look haha. Has DTD made any of you ladies go into labour after a sweep? I've also to prepare for a big baby :( I'm not worried about birthing a big baby but I don't know whether to forget all the newborn sized clothing I've packed for him and pack 0-3 instead? I've packed a couple of 0-3 things anyway just in case, and I only live 5 mins away from the hospital so OH could bring more stuff up if needed but I don't want all his cute stuff to go to waste!

Wow, sorry this was so long! I'm off to bake some cakes just now (nesting?) I'm pretty sore and achy following that sweep so let's hope it progresses! x

awwww really hope things happen very soon for u:) my mw told me today to have lots of sex aswell:) sex was what brought my contractions on last night so defo dtd again today:D Good luck!:)

Good luck everyone! Sex is the last thing I fancy but might have to get on with it!

Hahaha it brought strong contractions on for me last night:D they stopped though:( going to do the same today, anythings worth a try:)x

Following my sweep yesteday I've lost loads of plug today. Hoping that's a good sign!

Just back from midwife there. She has NO IDEA why my baby isn't here yet! I'm 2-3cm dilated and fully effaced. She done another sweep which was sore! So much worse than last week although it was a different midwife as mine is on holiday. It wasn't until I saw this particular midwife today that I realised just how crap my usual midwife is! I've never really rated her and have posted a few threads here before on how I found her condescending and patronising. I don't like putting people down in their profession but I've no idea why she's a midwife!

Anyway, the midwife I saw today was so much more thorough with everything. She properly spoke me through the induction process whereas my usual midwife last week just told me the time and date and what ward to go. Perhaps I should have asked more last week but I honestly learn more from this forum than from her!

She also said I've to have lots of sex with OH tonight which made me chuckle. She was being deadly serious but I didn't really know where to look haha. Has DTD made any of you ladies go into labour after a sweep? I've also to prepare for a big baby :( I'm not worried about birthing a big baby but I don't know whether to forget all the newborn sized clothing I've packed for him and pack 0-3 instead? I've packed a couple of 0-3 things anyway just in case, and I only live 5 mins away from the hospital so OH could bring more stuff up if needed but I don't want all his cute stuff to go to waste!

Wow, sorry this was so long! I'm off to bake some cakes just now (nesting?) I'm pretty sore and achy following that sweep so let's hope it progresses! x
I've packed newborn but thinking I might need to stick a few 0-3 in my bag as I'm measurong ahead and each time I see mw she says he is big and no room left in my tummy.... Yeah tell me about it!

i asked the mw that question today she said it dosnt matter plugs plug:)

well just lost Alot of plug after dtd! hoping somethings happening:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->