Had period but blood work came back positive?

DandJ

First time mom
Reaction score
My obgyn office called me just now asking me if I had my period since November and I said yes (came on December 23rd) after exactly 14 days LP. She told me she got the blood work back from when I went the first time and she said they tested for pregnancy which ranges from 10 but told me mine was 14 (I don't even remember what she said)?? She said I may have had a chemical pregnancy... not even sure what that feels like or if it's the same as my period.

But now I'm wondering because I finished my "period" on Friday and noticed yesterday that I had really creamy cm and today which I don't think I've ever had so close to finishing my period. I took an OPK yesterday and saw a distinct line, not positive but a distinct line I usually get after CD10 and I'm currently on CD7. Also, I am having cramps which I was literally thinking about an hour before the doctor's office called wondering why I was cramping. I really don't know... I will pee on a stick when I get home, but I had my period, well I believe it was my period since it was right on time.

I'm so confused and don't want to get my hopes up. I also POAS at 10dpo which was a bfn but my blood was drawn at 8dpo. Soo, any thoughts? :p

I've got everything crossed for you! I hope you get your BFP when you get home! I noticed that your temp is still rather high, at 97.6. I have just had a chemical pregnancy myself & unfortunately my BFPs got lighter, faded into nothing, AF came & my temp dropped as normal. xx

Charmed - I didn't even notice the temp! :lol: I guess it is still above my cover line but I didn't really have a good sleep, was tossing and turning, hence sleep deprivation. :rofl:

Sorry you had a CP! :hugs: I didn't think anything of it since my pregnancy test at 10dpo was negative and my period came on time. Hoping you get your bfp soon!!!

You're lucky, if I toss & turn, my temp goes down rather than up! It makes no sense to me. Haha. I know some women do bleed while pregnant & it's fine.. But it might be worth talking to a Dr if you do get a BFP, just to get them to check everything is ok :)
I really have my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you for your kind words :) I am about to ovulate soon, so here's hoping I get my sticky bean this month!

FWIW, I didn't get a BFP until 12dpo :) xxx

Really, your temps go down when you don't get enough sleep?? I feel as though they go up with all the movement :p

I'm not counting on being pregnant... my "period" came right on time so I have no earthly clue! If it was a CP, I'm happy I can even get pregnant since DH and I's tests came back normal so I was getting worried! The dr office did say I have a high level of testosterone and want to put me on Metformin... then I read it's associated to pcos! Ugh.. the fears.

Just a few more days until you O, get in that BD'ing! Sending you lots of baby dust your way <3

Hellooo i just wanted to let you know i had a whole period when i was pregnant with my son and carried on having withdrawal bleeds until i was 3 months pregnant! and he is now a perfectly happy baby boy sending baby dust your way! x

Beautiful - Thank you for that positive outlook & congrats on your son!

Wow, I could have written your post!! I was also diagnosed with PCOS - My only symptoms being a lack of AF & higher than normal levels of testosterone! Thankfully, losing some weight seems to have brought back my periods, I've no idea what my hormones are like as they've not retested them since. I felt the same way with my chemical. It was so upsetting, but at least I got pregnant!

FX for you hun, even if this isn't your month, a CP means things are working at least :)

I've no idea why my temps go down :haha: It's so weird!

Did you take a HPT? xx

Charmed - now I'm worried about having PCOS! But my periods are normal, just that my testosterone was .4 higher than normal. I am over weight, actually going to start working out as my New Years resolution. If Metmorfin helps with a potential PCOS and losing weight, I'm down! My next appt is this Friday and we will discuss a HSG dye test to confirm any blockage and/or for cysts.

I did take an HPT test and was a bfn :( Not sure why I am getting such creamy cm and cramps so early after my period.

I'm going to remain hopeful though! Thank you so much!!

It's so weird that you've been offered metformin! My GP wouldn't even consider it as my insulin levels were normal. It can have some pretty rotten side effects from what I've read though! I joined a weight loss group (slimming world) & lost weight pretty quickly on it! Unfortunately it upset my IBS so I've since changed to weight watchers :)

I'm sorry about the bfn :( Maybe it was a chemical? I think you've got the right attitude, it's happening! And it will happen again! A lot of people said to me that women tend to be more fertile right after a CP.. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I'm choosing to believe it! Last month I was so positive & I really think it helped. Before that I was expecting bfns.

Good luck with your tests! I had the HSG done, it was rather uncomfortable, but no where as near as bad as I'd built it up in my head to be!! Just make sure you relax :) Weirdly, I have PCOS but no actual cysts! There is three parts to a diagnosis of PCOS & you only need to have two.. lack of periods, cysts & a hormonal imbalance! Fingers crossed if you don't have any cysts then you probably don't have PCOS! :D xxx

Yeah, I don't know much about Metformin except a lot of websites mention PCOS and diabetes. It also helps with weight loss so that's a plus but how bad are the side effects?

I don't feel that upset about learning about my CP probably because I didn't know so I never became attached. :p I sure hope this is a sign of a good thing to come! Funny thing is, we only BD'd that one night since he had to travel... so that was pure luck.

I read about HSG, I heard you get really bad cramping and to take the rest of the day off from work. I mean, really? I hope it's nothing too painful! I did not know about the three parts of PCOS, that's good to know. :thumbup:

Hoping you and I will get lucky very very soon! :hugs:

Metformin is evil! I took it for pcos, day 1 the cramps and bm's started on the evening and day 2 they started by lunchtime. I felt so so ill I stopped taking it, I wouldn't have been able to leave the house I was that poorly so there's no way I wanted sex, defeats the object right?! I know some ladies persist with it and after a couple weeks the symptoms subside. Personally I wasn't prepared to feel like shit when there was other options out there! As it happened I conceived later that cycle which sadly ended in mc and 10 months later I conceived twins naturally.

I used agnus castus for 3 months which regulated my cycles.

Also maybe take a hpt to check? Plenty of ladies have a period and are still pregnant!

Ugghhh... greeeeat. Not looking forward to those symptoms! I need to get past the swallowing pills part first :haha:

Congratulations on conceiving your twins naturally!! Don't think it's gonna happen to us unfortunately...

I took an hpt on Monday, which was 3 days after I finished my "period" and bfn on two tests.

I think my cramps and high temps were just the last of my body recovering from being a little pregnant? :shrug:

Very well could have been hun :hugs:

If you're managing to conceive but the pregnancy isn't progressing they need to investigate that before anything else. It could just be you have a hormone imbalance that's preventing implantation happening properly.

And thank you! Was a complete shock! Took us 19monrhs with a loss at 8wks but baby never progressed past 4. I gave up, was waiting for a FS referal in jan and bam! It happened for us. Sometimes stepping right back is the one thing that's needed!

All my blood work was normal except for a .4 higher than normal testosterone level, so they prescribed me a liquid form of Metformin (YES!) called Riomet. The OB said they have no concerns with TTC and are optimistic and to come back in 3 months after I've taken Riomet to see if my testosterone levels have lowered a bit. I'm going to schedule an HSG anyway to see if there's blockage in my fallopian tubes.

I'm feeling kinda hopeful this year... praying I get pregnant with a healthy child! :D

Hope the riomet doesn't upset you! Glad they're feeling things are good and you're still ok to TTC.

Being positive is a huge part! Took me 9 months to conceive my first, then 7months but we lost the baby and then another 10months this time. Each time it happened was when we'd stepped back from TTC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->