had some bad news

miss maternal

Reaction score
Have just found out that my mum has breast cancer and I cant stop crying. It is only in the early stages and primary cancer so can be treated.
She was also ill in hospital 2 years ago when i was pregnant and had the miscarriage so I need to be strong for the baby and pull myself together but its so hard.

oh so sorry to hear that hun :(

wishing her well

x

First of all :hugs:

This is terrible news, but the success rate and treatment for breast cancer is fantastic nowadays.

My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago-I was devastated like you, but please do not with hold ur feelings from ur mum. This is a journey u go through together, and it is a long one.

Have they said what type it is? Ie feeding off oestregen?

My mum endured lengthy chemo and radio which was horrific to see, but she is alive and well now.

Here if u need to chat, and please show ur emotions to ur mum and family, and be there for her too.

All I can say is I used to take my mum for granted but since then I had a big reality check and appreciate her 100 times more.

Your in my thoughts

xx

Thanks K. I am feeling more positive after reading your post. the cancer is feeding off the oestregen as far as I know but will find out more when i see her today. She only found out yesterday, bless her and everyone was out so she had nobody to turn to. She had been given lots of leaflets to read and is remaining positive.

Thanks also Layla for wishing her well. x

First of all :hugs:

This is terrible news, but the success rate and treatment for breast cancer is fantastic nowadays.

My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago-I was devastated like you, but please do not with hold ur feelings from ur mum. This is a journey u go through together, and it is a long one.

Have they said what type it is? Ie feeding off oestregen?

My mum endured lengthy chemo and radio which was horrific to see, but she is alive and well now.

Here if u need to chat, and please show ur emotions to ur mum and family, and be there for her too.

All I can say is I used to take my mum for granted but since then I had a big reality check and appreciate her 100 times more.

Your in my thoughts

xx

I agree completely. Share your feelings with your mum, it will help you both so much. I wish your mum all the best, and send you all massive hugs.

Just wanted to offer :hugs: :hugs: ur mum will beat this I totally agree with K great advice the treatments are great now.

Stacey xx

Im sorry I dont really know how to offer advice on the subject but my thoughts are with you. It much be a very nerve racking time, I remember how scared I was when my mum had to get a lump checked out a couple of years ago.

Try to stay positive, lie you said its early stages and very treatable. Big :hugs: :hugs: to you and your mum.

Aww sweetie I am so sorry
no advice i'm afraid but big :hugs:to you both xx

I am so sorry to hear this :hugs:

I wish your Mum well & thoughts with you & your family

xx

sending your mum lots of well wishes, dont know what else to say, just stay positive it will be hard but she will get there :)

:hugs: . Sending you all best wishes and wishing your mum a speedy recovery.

:hugs: Thinking about you and your family

Sinead

Hugs

same thing happened with my Gran at Christmas, they did a lumpectomy and she was supposed to have 6 weeks radiotherapy but it turned out that she only needed half of that.

If it's in the early stages, like Gran's was, I'm sure she'll be fine hun.

Go and spend some time with her, she needs you and you need her babe

xxxxxxxxx

Awww sweetie sending you hugs ...

Have been through this with my aunt and various members of my family, be there but don't act though, your mum will apreciate you showing emotion

xxx

huge hugs for you and your family hun :hugs: hope ur mum has a speedy recovery :hugs:

Thinking of you and your family .. wishing your mum a speedy recovery :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"