Had to be seen for bleeding at 27 weeks, got measured 5 weeks ahead?? Advice please x

agledhill

Reaction score
I had an early morning trip to labour ward due to bleeding, was all ok although slightly embarrassing as it was due to us having sex. They checked me over and baby's HB which was fine but then measured my bump. I haven't been measured yet by me as it was due to be done at 28 weeks on Wednesday, they said my bump is measuring 33cm so 5 weeks ahead! I have a scan now booked for Tuesday to check size of baby.
I'm slightly worried as my second dd got stuck and so was already worried before hearing this news! My dd was only 7lb 5oz.
Has anyone also measured 5 weeks ahead and turned out to be smaller size? What will happen if baby is bigger at the scan? Any advice welcome please xx

The bleeding sounds like cervical erosion which is totally harmless.

The measuring ahead could be just the way your baby is laying or your carrying. I measured 5 weeks behind according to fundal height and even on scans that predicted a 5lb baby..she was 7lbs 8oz. So I wouldn't worry too much :flower:

Thank you for your advice :) hopefully will find out more tomorrow. Thank you again x

Fundal height isn't a very accurate measurement so I wouldn't worry too much. The scan will give everyone a much better idea of what is going on :hugs:

With my son I measured bigger, the midwives put the fear of god in me saying my baby was a whoopa and I hardly had any water it was all baby!
He was 7lb 2oz there not very accurate :)

I measured bang on with Harry yep except he was born weighing 11lb 5 oz !!!'
It's not that accurate try not to worry

Emma

Well I had a scan at 28 weeks and was told he was 3lb already! Had another scan at 30 weeks and he is 4lb 4oz! I'm slightly worried about the size he is going to come out at :-( xxx

Well I had a scan at 28 weeks and was told he was 3lb already! Had another scan at 30 weeks and he is 4lb 4oz! I'm slightly worried about the size he is going to come out at :-( xxx

There is no earthly way your baby grew over a pound in two weeks. Those scans are completely inaccurate. I had monthly growth ultrasounds and each one said my daughter was within the 50 - 55th percentiles. She came out 9.5lbs. Meanwhile, my cousin had a c-section because they told her after two growth ultrasounds that her baby was enormous. She delivered a 7lb baby. :shrug:

The only thing less accurate than a growth ultrasound is a fundal height measurement (I routinely measured 3 weeks behind--as above my baby was huge). If I were in your shoes I would not worry for two seconds. :thumbup:

over a week in hospital at 26 weeks, my fundal measurement varied from 28 to 31 to 35. She was big when born at 29 weeks she was 3lbs 7oz, should have been around 2 and a half pounds, but I've no idea if she would have been big had she gone to term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->