Had to go hospital yesterday

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
So on Sunday i went to the toilet and lost some thick clear jelly mucus, no blood tinging but it was very like mucus plug, i had period pains aswell but not painful so i left it to see before calling anyone because i know mucus plug can regenerate anyway, then yesterday i lost more jelly mucus again clear and the period pains in the bottom of my belly and bottom of my back were worse, i also had tightenings but not painful just felt uncomfortable, so i rang maternity assessment and they asked me to go up and be checked, sat in a waiting room for 2 hours and then moved to a room where i waited another two hours before my OH went and asked what was going on and they said the dr has gone home now (they forgot about me because i was sat behaving myself not making a fuss like everyone else) so i had to wait for another dr to come on, anyway an hour later they manage to get a dr to see me and thankfully my cervix is closed! There was no infection showing in my urine so they have swabbed my cervix and are checking that for infection, but iv been told im to take co codomol every 4 hours to try get rid of the pain, and go back if there is any bleeding, the co codomol are helping the pain but it hasn't gone. Im hoping over the next few days I'll start feeling better, still cant beleive at 19 weeks pregnant, lost mucus plug and getting pain they took 5 hours to even check me! Thank god my cervix was closed is all i can say!

Get plenty of rest Hun, hopefully it's nothing and your plug does regenerate so fingers crossed all goes well xx

Oh my goodness!!! I'm so glad things are looking good for you! but that must have been a real scare knowing what comes after losing mucus plug..like you said it will regenerate itself and there is soooo much of it.
The hours of wait on the other hand would have made me fume!! It's so irritating how they can make you wait sooooooo long when your going thru a scary time!!! and the fact that they actually FORGOT about you!!! they sure need a yelling for that.

Yikes that sounds scary! Glad everything seems to be ok now-I hope you don't have any more problems with that :flower:

Thanks ladies im still in pain the co codomol is really helping though, it feels so sore and tender in my belly and all across the bottom of my back! No more tightenings though today, i did say to the midwife the tightenings could be Braxton hicks but iv never felt them before so wouldn't know, iv had three kids already but this is the first time anything like this has happened, i think i jinxed myself i said the other day this has been my easiest pregnancy by far, and then this happens lol, i cried with relief when they told me my cervix was closed, it must be some form of infection or a bad virus because its really quite painful and i cant think of nub thing else it could be

Glad everything was ok. Hope you feel better soon

Hi i suffer with an incompetent cervix, pain and losing my mucus plug was the signs that i was having weeks before i gave birth prematurely. I dont want to scare you as your cervix is closed is a brilliant thing but please do make them keep an eye on you and pester and pester them if you keep feeling the same. A cervical length scan is a brilliant way to see what is happening as you can see how long your cervix is, if its short it will indicate wether you are likely to give birth earyl and it can also tell you if you are funneling which is your cervix opening from the inside. There is many things that can be done to prevent incompetent cervix and preterm delivery when it is caught in time so please dont worry but just keep an eye out.

I have a cervical stitch in at the moment to hopefully keep my cervix closed and im in a massive amount of pain lots of cervical pressure so i can sympathise with your pain :( x

Glad everthing is ok hun the nhs has gone down hill in my opinion, if i could afford to go private i would x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->