Hair loss and leaking boobs 1.5 years after baby!

Gwizz

Boys Rule!
Reaction score
Not sure whats up with me ...

I stopped bf my little boy when he was 7 months and after a few days my milk dried up and went ... this past 2 weeks I have noticed my boobs sometimes have been leaking milk (or what looks like milk) Its not at the point where they've grown or im wetting bras but I feel the 'let-down' and then the damp .... It is my left one more than my right. I just put that down to time of the month and possibly a new 'sympton' to my monthly cycles .... Ive never had it before.

Ive also noticed alot of hair loss too (from my head!) its coming out in handfulls when showering and brushing. I have very thick curly hair and after pregancy I also had hair loss which is normal but now it seems to have come back ...

Im wondering now if im missing any vitamins or minerals or whether my hormones are mixed up somehow .... anyone else had this issue of things returning ages after giving birth!!

I dont particulary want to waste docs time as I dont feel ill!

I feel the same about the doctors but i have the same symptoms hun, i only breastfed for 6 weeks but i still get a leek now and again more if i squeeze doing my monthy breast check. Also loosing quite a bit of hair, more than usuall. maybe mention the hairloss to your hairdresser they might be able to suggest some massage or something to re-awaken the hair folecules.
xx

just in case: could you be pregnant again?

Good idea about the hairdresser! I will ash him next time I go (which is soon cos i need a cut!)

Just taken me by surprise as I never thought it would return lol

Thankyou
x

just in case: could you be pregnant again?

No, had a period in the time its been going on. The hair loss has been over a couple of periods. My periods only last 2 ish days and I have short 25 day cycles. :shrug:

hey hun, dont want to worry you,but i had this and got sent for a C.A.T scan. All was fine but this can be a symptom of a tumor of the pituitary gland, if you go to your docs im sure it will just be a hormone imbalance and you will be given tablets to dry it up, but thought id let you know, im not on very often so might miss your reply, so feel free to pm me if you have any questions x

hey hun, dont want to worry you,but i had this and got sent for a C.A.T scan. All was fine but this can be a symptom of a tumor of the pituitary gland, if you go to your docs im sure it will just be a hormone imbalance and you will be given tablets to dry it up, but thought id let you know, im not on very often so might miss your reply, so feel free to pm me if you have any questions x

I have PM'd you xx

Have the docs in the morning

Just got back from docs, basically its a mixture of my hormones and my vitamin levels etc, like my mum thought lol

Apparantly the symptons can come and go for quite a few years after pregnancy so not to worry but to just keep and eye on me, take a multivitamin each day and to eat 3 meals a day and to rest!. The doc said the worst time is between when the child begins to walk and school and she said I was suffering from exhaustion ...

thanks girls

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"