Hair stripping

Pink Flowers

Reaction score
So I have red hair and I am sick of it, the lady who does it won't let me tone it down and go back to my natural colour. So my friend next door who is a hair dresser has said I should strip it using a kit from boots and then dye it brown a few times to get rid of the red. I want to go my natural colour with blonde high lights... is it realistic?

Im not sure on red but i had black hair and 2 weeks ago i stripped it and now have blonde highlights with a lightbrown and by the way if you have a shop called homebargains near you they have a hairstripper for 4.50 and it does exactly the same thing as the one in boots which is 12 quid :)

I really want to strip my hair.. It's black and I want my natural brown back :( x

I did the opposite and had dark brown/black and stripped it to go red.

I would be worried stripping red hair as it might go pink/orange which might show through any colour you put over the top. esp if you then go highlight it...again bringing through the red.

but dont quote me i am no hairdresser...just know that red is a bitch to keep and a bigger bitch to get rid off.

Sure you dont wanna go black lol.

black would be easier lol! My friend who is a hair dresser said she will be able to get rid of the red even if it takes too turns of stripping lol.

Ash brown hair dyes got rid of the red out of my hair, I had to do it a few times but it's lovely now and looks like my natural colour x

I stripped out black a few weeks ago, i did have to bleach it all over, watch it go that brassy yellow orange colour than chuck on a nice brown! IT WORKED!
Also if u want to make some highlights, before chucking the brown on put a highlight cap or grab some tin foil and leave out a few orange pieces! that way u can either re bleach them which should take them blonde, or if u do leave them, they do mix in with brown and it wont look so orange and brassy, it tends to fade a golden colour against the brown!

thats my hair now in my display pic <<<<<<
and that was me with black hair before down below!

As for red hair, i dont really have much advise, i know when i did have red hair many years ago, i did want to go blonde and they did say to me they wouldnt touch it! I was so upset and left with red faded orange for a few months!

In the end i did put a brown on top i made sure a used a colour which was just one whole number for example - 05, 06, 07 depending on what colour u want to achieve, if u use something with 2 numbers for example 5.4, 5.8 than it may still have a red tint to your hair afterwards!

Good Luck

Best idea is to strip it out, or dye it a darker colour, like Burgundy, dark brown, black!

You will be able to cover up the orange colour if u do strip it out!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->