Halen Lee Neal 19/06/2009 11.23am

J

JayleighAnn

Halen Lee Neal 19/06/2009 11.23am weighed 6lb 13.5oz

Not a homebirth like planned but I feel OK about it, not dissapointed as I thought I might.

Woke up this morning (19/06/09) at 7am, went toilet for a wee, but felt a bit "odd" but thought nothing of it and just got back into bed. 5 mins later I felt and heard a "pop" noise and loads of liquid came out, so I stood up and realised it was my waters, told OH who stared at me very blankly and then grabbed me a towel.

Rang my mum to tell her, but as I had no contractions I said I'd probably still come vets with her rather than wonder around the house bored waiting for something to happen.

Rang the Delivery Suite, explained that I was hoping for a homebirth but hadn't had my Risk Assessment my midwife told me I needed, the midwife on the phone said that was fine, I should go in for them to check it was my waters then I could go home but to ring the community midwives office and explain the situation but I should still get my homebirth as it wasn't fair that it hadn't been sorted out in time.

Contractions started at 8am, 4 mins apart and lasting 40 secs. Could breath through them but they were more painful than I expected for the first few contractions.

Mum dropped me off at hospital at 9am after taking my sister school (who wanted to come hospital with me to see me have the baby lol) by this point contractions where coming between 4 and 2 mins apart, lasting 60 seconds a time.

Got into the Kensington Birth Unit and the midwives said they would be back in 10 mins to check me over. Got into the room and suddenly my contractions where agony! I had about 2 and I just couldn't get comfy or breath through them, only time I swore and said I couldn't do it.

Midwife came in, listened to his heart beat and offered an internal, I agreed as I wanted to know why I wanted to push but I'd only had contractions for an hour. Turned out I was 6cm dilated, nearly 7 but with a bit of a lip on the right side due to how he was lying.

They took my birth plan to read and left me alone for the next 2 hours, coming in every 15mins and having a quick listen to his h/b, although it said on my plan I didn't want monitoring, they said that it was procedure and tbh, I didn't care much at this point as long as they didn't talk to me ha ha

I sat in a chair with a hot compress on my back as I had this horrible back ache which was worse than the contractions! I tried the big massive bean bag settee thing, but couldnt get comfy, I tried leaning over a birth ball, couldnt get comfy and ended up just sitting in the chair, sipping water and breating my way through each contraction and ignoring everyone who spoke to me lol

Made OH ring my mum at about 10am to get her to come in which she did

11am came and the midwife told me the birth pool was free and being filled up for me. I stood up and suddenly had 4 massive super painful contractions and feinted, falling on the floor with the midwive and OH trying to grab me in time.

Midwife then couldn't get a proper trace on bubs h/b so she asked me if she could put a clip on his head as she was worried after my feinting. I agree so was picked up off the floor by my mum and OH and a bed from delivery suite was bought to me. I started moaning that I needed to push, but the midwives told me not yet, but I couldn't help it I had no control.

Wheeled into there, I vaguely remember my mum taking my pants off and feeling really embarrassed cause I hadn't shaved lol

Midwife asked me to open my legs and went "oh god theres a head there!!" They rushed around to get their aprons and gloves on, quickly attached the clip to his head and got his h/b which was dipping and the rising very quickly.

3 big pushes later and out he popped, caught by the student midwife Shona who was absolutely lovely!!

He was placed straight onto my chest for skin to skin, wasn't interested in feeding. Although I planned for a complete natural 3rd stage, I just wanted it over with and wasn't going to push any more, so we waited for cord to stop pulsing and then my mum cut the cord as OH was looking very green by this point. Had the injection of Syntometrine and then about 15 mins later the placenta came out after a bit of a wiggle from the midwives.

OH got to hold Halen for about an hour whilst I was stitched (I have a 2nd degree tear which needed stitches and 1st degree tear which didn't)

Had a good much and a shower and was out for 4pm after a couple hours rest and for them to make sure me and bubs are ok.

Feeling surprisingly fab considering I gave birth 9 hours ago :)

EDIT- I forgot to add, no pain relief at all, not even G&A. I did wake up from feinting and asked for an epidural but didn't have one as I was fully dilated (the poor consultant came in the room only to be told to go back out lol)
DSCF0759(2).jpgDSCF0761(2).jpg
DSCF0763(2).jpgDSCF0772(2).jpg
DSCF0773(2).jpg

Congrats! You're on top of things....putting your birth story up the same day! :)

Congratulations! :happydance:

I can't believe you managed to get your birth story up just 9 hours later! Go you!

He is beautiful hun!! So happy for you and Lee, congratulations!!!

Well done mummy :D

Oh wow, He's gorgeous! can't wait to meet him in July. Well done you for no pain relief and for coping so well. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations! He's gorgeous. Sounds like a fab birth! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"