Hand cream recommendations

lau86

Reaction score
I wash them so much at home and work and they're just really cracked and sore especially round the knuckles. I've got a simple moisturiser and it takes the edge off. I want something non greasy but don't know if that's possible. I'm happy to pay for a good one. Any ideas?

I suffer from dermatitis on my wedding ring finger and use this one, it feels greasy going on but dries fine. https://m.lookfantastic.com/burt-s-...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJnB2cyel9ACFXGC7QodpbkMig

Garner red bottled hand moisturiser with maple syrup I think it is, is a very good quality product and it is usually available very cheaply in most places

l'occitane shea butter, it's the only hand cream that doesn't make my hands worse and helps keep them soft.

Crabtree and Evelyn handcream is good xxxx

Writing all these suggestions down for when my LO arrives in the spring as I have really dry skin and I know all the hand washing after nappy changes (and in general) will make them worse!

The hemp hand cream from the body shop is supposedly amazing!

I've tried all sorts of things and I even make my own hand creams too, which smell nice and usually work better than the stuff you can buy at the store (I'll link the recipe I use below), but the one thing I've found that really works when they get sore and cracked is vaseline. It's the only thing that works. It's not the nicest thing to use as it's a petroleum by product, but it works (it's also super cheap).

If you want to try something else, this is the hand cream recipe I use. I made it with a combination of almond oil, coconut oil, beeswax, calendula oil and then usually had some essential oils like lavender or peppermint. You can make in in a bowl over a water bath, but I've also just heated it up in the microwave to melt and stir together, which is even easier.

https://wellnessmama.com/3765/homemade-lotion-recipe/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->