Hands up who has had a c-section??

beccyandeve

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have been told that there are loads of c-sections being done at the moment and I was wondering why I wasn't given one (I have a previous condition and had a very long, distressing labour)

Maybe my case wasn't serious enough in the eyes of the doctors? But if what I hear is true there are very high numbers of c-sections being done for lots of different reasons, I am just trying to work out what qualifies and what doesn't as there doesn't seem to be any clear guidelines.

So I would like to know have you had a c-section? and if so why? (emergency or elective)

Thanks for you help (I'm doing my own head in!!)

Becs :witch:

I had an emergency section due to non-progression. Babies head was in a funny position and just wasn't moving down. They tried to do a forceps delivery, but because his head wouldnt move down they couldn't. Baby was in distress and so they did a section.

I had an emergency section with my youngest, due to her being distressed (they think due to cord compression stopping oxygen flow).

It sounds like you need almost a debrief as it was traumatic for you, why not make an appointment to speak to your gp, mw, or consultant about what happened and why?

Emergency after 24hrs of labour, he just wouldn't come out. Turned out he had the entire cord wrapped round his neck.

Emergency because LOs heart rate was going down

Emergancy due to 26 hours of labour with contractions at 3 minutes apart. When my waters went on the sunday Em had been to the toilet inside so was on a drip from sunday to speed up labour but by monday night I was still progressing very slowly (got to 7cm) and was shattered. I then swelled up dramatically, being sick and I started to develop pre-clampsia. I took the epidural after 21 hours and it slowed things down even more so was taken down to section. Em was fine throughout - she was fast alseep most of the time!

Finn was a footling breech which is dangerous to deliver vaginally. He also had rhesus disease and i didn't know how he'd cope with the deliver, and had to be delivered early and they didn't fancy the chances of inducing my 1st baby that early so I was booked in for a section. Quite a few reasons, then.

Then I went into labour the day before and had an emergency one... which was scary but I was happy he agreed on his birthday, lol. hope you recover from you experience x

Did you want a c section? I had an emergency one as after 2 days induction my daughter was not budging, contractions every minute, she got into distress, so they went for a section.
Try not to trouble yourself about something in the past that you can't change.:hug:

i had emergency c section after being in labour 1 hr my blood pressure shot up and his heartbeat was seriously low and didnt recover.

Did you want a c section? I had an emergency one as after 2 days induction my daughter was not budging, contractions every minute, she got into distress, so they went for a section.
Try not to trouble yourself about something in the past that you can't change.:hug:

i didn't really want one, but i had doubts as to whether it was right to try and deliver normally.

i just think alot of damage could have been spared if i had had a c-section. everyone knew it was going to be difficult because of my condition (double uterus and cervix) and i can't believe the consultants left me in the hands of someone who didn't have a clue.

i should probably stop obsessing now! :hissy:

p.s. this is my story if u were wondering why i'm asking this:

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-a...-entrance-double-uterus-cervix-nightmare.html

I had an emergency section, very traumatic. Wish i could have had her naturally xx

i had an emergency c section due to babys heart rate being low they did the blood tests on babys head to see if she was in distress and she was i was 9cm and she wouldnt move down any further.i'd been in labour for 28 hours and had an epidural after 25 hours im glad they decided to get her out quickly but its taken me a long time to recover. hope ur ok now x

I had an emergency c-section with an undiagnosed breech baby who was in distress. I had to have the c-section pretty quickly, as he'd done a poo inside me!!! :dohh: Silly poppet! At least I can tell him he did his first poo before he was even born!

AND I'd been in labour for nearly 3 days... and I was FINALLY progressing! What a rip off! I was 8cms dialated!

Ah well... next time, I cant wait till next time to deliver naturally and avoid that awful recovery time! I was still in pain 5 weeks after! Oh it sucked!

i had an emergency c section

wish it was a natural one x :(

I had a crash section due to pre-eclampsia. . .ridiculously high blood pressurre, baby in distress and me in danger. :dohh:

Not something I wish to repeat- DEFINATLY a vbac next time!!!!!! :baby: x

I had an emergency one with both of mine! Millie just didnt wanna come out after me bein induced, i only got to 2cm and she got distressed. When i found out i was preg with Jake the consultant said i had to have a c-sec but then they changed my consultant and was told there was no medical need to have c-sec again and had to try for a vbac. I went into labour the day before he was due, dilated really quickly (1cm-9 in an hr) They discovered he had turned back to back and tried to turn him (ouch!!) He was well and truly stuck so after 7 hrs of tryin to push him out they realised my uterus had ruptured and my scar from my previous c-sec had torn and i had internal bleedin!! So i ended up with a section after all when i should of had one in the first place!!!

Ive been told i would have to have a section at 37 wks if i have any more as they cant risk me goin into labour on my own :cry: :hissy:

I had an emergency section because after 3hours of pushing she was still so high in my cervix and when i eventually went to theatre i had somehow managed to get her head stuck in my pelvis, no way she was coming out naturally! The surgeon was sweating something chronic trying to get her unstuck without breaking her neck and arm, so i was told!!

After reading your story of birth, depsite the pain and trauma i went through with my birth i think that you had a really tough time! TBH i think they probably should have given you a section, but then that would have implications in its self with your condition wouldn't it?

Maybe you could speak to the doctor and ask for a meeting with the consultant or something to go over things, recovery isn't always physical, doctors don't seem to realise the emotional recovery for these kind of things takes longer and sometimes needs more attention, but as with most things it gets brushed aside!

Rambling now....

i had an emergency section after Alex got stuck, pretty much same as whisper there's no way he was coming out naturally and they struggled to get him out at all

yep I had a C section due to head in wrong position...but the first 2 were V births..

I had a planned c-section because Sophia was breech and after reading about natural breech deliveries I agreed to the c-section as I thought it was best for baby and me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->