Happen again?

SteffyRae

Reaction score
Dont know where to post this but I'm TTC #1 and I'm a little nervous because I was 28 weeks gestational born and my mom had a very hard time with it the hospital saying I wouldnt make it through and her how she was feeling and I dont know if that could happen to my baby cause it happened to me... Is there a bigger chance for a premie to have a premie?

Thank you and to let you know all of you out there with premies you are amazing and strong and an inspration... and your little soldiers!

No its not something thats in the genes, apparantly. I was a 29 week prem but this was forced - it was found i was very tangled in the cord and they had to get me out right away.

My own preemie happened with a premature labour, so the two couldnt be connected. it was just a coincidence.

I wasn't a preemie - I was over two weeks late, which wasn't as bad as my brother, he was three weeks late! And yet I had a 29wk preemie. So I doubt there's any link (but am prepared to be proved wrong).

I wouldn't have thought it was hereditary. There have been no premature babies in our family at all.

I think it could only be if there were a hereditary condition that caused the birth so if your mum had had a particular problem which you might have had too. But as she has no idea why you came early, that is unlikely.

Thing is, there are so many different paths a pregnancy and birth can take, you'd go nuts if you worried about all of them. I mean, even if you have a normal pregnancy and birth, you'd still be worried about having to go through labour, and then there is whether your baby will be sweet natured or a little screamer......:winkwink:

When it comes down to it, you will cope with whatever is thrown at you.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->