Hard poo! TMI

S

Serene123

Caitlyn is refusing her usual top ups, and her poo was REALLY hard today. Anything I can do? I tried giving her water, juice, anything! She won't take any fluid other than my boob. Do I just drink more water? She seems fine in herself but I don't mean slightly hard, this poo was rock solid!

Try massaging her belly after shes had a feed.

Poor girl sounds constipated. I've read that these foods help

Try strained foods that contain high fiber such as:

apricots

prunes

peaches

plums

pears

peas

spinach
https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/constip.htm

:hugs: hope she feels better soon honey, i was just going to suggest prune juice with boiled water. maybe try puréeing some high fibre veg like carrot maybe, feel better soon caitlyn :hugs: x

aww hun I know that feeling (well not me personally but max) he has hard poo's too sometimes and I find giving peas ,or prune juice helps allot ..also some gripe water works good too

I was going to suggest pureed prunes - thats what my sister-in-law gave her little one when she was constipated. Hope it clears up soon. xx

I usually cycle my babys legs...apparently it puts pressure on the bowles helping the poop to come xx

make sure you are drinking about a pint of water with every feed as this will help. Am sure if you drink some orange juice that can help her as well. Could be wrong?

I would breastfeed lots as this has a natural laxative in it

Im already breastfeeding all night and all bloody day :shock:

:rofl: If she was on me anymore I wouldn't get to eat!

Did she struggle to get the poo out?

My boy sometimes has hard poo's, depending on what he has eaten the day before. He always has the same amount of liquid so that isn't a factor. Although its hard, he isn't constipated and passes it quite easily. If this is the same for your LO then I wouldn't worry. If however she really struggles then I'd def looking at doing something to make it easier.

She's not struggling, she has gone 3 times today, they're still hard but she isn't straining or anything. So confusing!! :(

My OH got all excited and phoned his mum cause it was the first proper stool !!!

Sounds like she is quite happy and its not causing her any discomfort so I wouldn't worry. We actually spoke to my SIL who has her own clinic and she said its normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->