hard to entertain :(

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
Jasmine always seems cranky and bored... Bettween eating and sleeping she just whines and groans etc... Constantly!!!

I try to sing and play with her... we listen to music, take baths, i make silly faces and noises... I try to get her to play with her baby links or rattles and things... and nothing makes her happy.

She never smiles anymore either :(

Hang in there mama... babies younger than 3 months old are still really new. Right now their favorite thing is your VOICE and your TOUCH adn their food. They couldn't care less about toys ;) It's all about learning about their caregivers.

Once they hit 3-4 montns you will be amazed at the difference in their interests. They still love you, but they'll be more interested in the toys and games and songs. And their attention span will increase too.

Then it really gets fun at 6 months when they can interact with toys themselves!

Then 9 - 12 months when they are mobile...

On and on :)
:hug:

All I do is hold and sing and talk to her... And she still goes through a revolving pattern of whining, groaning and crying. And then falls asleep. She isnt colicky cause she isnt drawing her knees up etc... She just seems so bored and unhappy.

I think brand new babies are sweet and innocent, but I really hate that stage as their mama:dohh:.

It's tough being a mama to a newborn! It is mentally and emotionally draining! But I promise that it won't last forever.
:hug:

I agree, she is just at a difficult stage between newborn and infant :) They grow out of it pretty quickly, it is a slow change but one day you will think 'oh she does more than eat sleep poop now' lol. When she reaches about 3 months she will become more interactive and want to play more :)

Helena was like that. I find that she likes her play mat for awhile and her bouncy chair moved into different spots around the house where she can just watch me do things like wash bottles. It's hard to entertain a person who is hard to read and who can't play with things. The 2 month age is a lot better! Brian (my OH) keeps commenting on how Helena is a lot more fun now that she smiles and giggles a bit and tries to talk. :D In a few weeks you will notice a HUGE difference!

aaww,it is difficult i know. Elliot has recently started watching me more and looking at his toys....but has seemed bored from early on. It is getting easier, especially now he holds his head up well and likes to be sat up so he can be nosey and look around!

keely.x

i had this for a couple of days last week, i was dreaful but she tired herself out and slept through the night because i ended up just leaving her by herself to cry for 10 mins in the evenings.

when she starts smiling again it'll be great! and you'll just laugh when she gives you a huffy face! i personally love my babies huffy face, her wee eyebrows furrow and she looks like shes giving you the dirtiest look ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->