Harder Food to Chew........when??

Taurus8484

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
My DS is nearly 15 months and he is a great eater. He has started to feed himself with a spoon and is doing a great job. For dinner for example he has homemade fish finger, corn on the cob, mash potatoe and I cut his veggies up so that he can get them on his spoon.

But when can I start to give him the more "danger" foods I suppose for lack of finding a better word, such as grapes and cucumber.........food that if they dont chew properly could be a hazard.

He has his molars so has plently of teeth and eats things like biscuits so I know he knows how to chew. I guess it just scares me that I might be trying to get him to eat these things to soon. And if he can have cucumber and the like now, how do I serve it. Cut in half, quarters???

Thanks in advance ladies.

I never knew cucumber was classed as a danger food? Both mine have had it since 6 months, first cut into sticks and from around age 1 just sliced up. I gave ds grapes after 1 cut in 1/2 length ways but I know people give them earlier but I would always cut them. I always cut cherry tomatoes in half as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->